Team Chevelle banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,801 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A project s-10 I am working on needs a bottle. We will max it out with a 200 - 250 shot. At that level would you guys try a 2 stage kit or stick with a single stage ? The main reason for asking about the 2 stage is wondering if a 200 shot on 1 stage will be to hard to get traction as opposed to staging it on as it gets out to 60' mark.Truck has a 377 aluminum heads, solid roller. Shifted about 7200 with a 8 " 5000 converter.
Best pas on motor is 10.84 @ 122. Thinking right now about the NX Hitman.... heard alot of good things about that kit.As far as suspension, it is a ladder bar set-up with leaf springs @ floaters , it has a best 60' of 1.5x on a prepped run. All opinions welcome.If you need more info please let me know.

·
Premium Member
5,385 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,801 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The engine was not built for nitrous. It has forged pistons and good rods, the rings were not gapped for nitrous. From what I read I thought that was mainly a factor if going with a larger shot like 300+ ? It sounds like you would prefer a 2 stage sys. This will be 1st experience with nitrous.What sys would you suggest ?

·
Registered
2,668 Posts
Run 1 stage for now, a 200 shot is a just a sneeze anyway. Tuning two stages is tougher than one. Go out and learn what you are doing with nitrous before getting greedy with a two stage set up. Maybe your truck will hook with one big stage anyway.

The only reason to run two stages is because you can't get one big stage to hook off the line.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.