Team Chevelle banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I was wondering what it takes to pull my 350 in my '71 Malibu and drop in a 454. What must be done when going from small block to the big block? My Chevelle runs great with it's tuned 350 but down the road I would really like the big block. I was hoping to find a complete 454 that someone has pulled and clean it up and tune/rebuild/Stroker kit(maybe?) it. I would like to just work on that over time while running the 350 in my car and then when the right time comes around and my project is completed I could look into dropping the 454 in. Does this sound fesable and practical? What should I be looking for in a 454 and about how much should I know to spend?
Thank you all

·
Premium Member
6,172 Posts
This topic has been covered a million times - a search should turn up a bunch of hits! a 454 will drop right in where your 350 was. You might want to consider getting beefier springs and radiator, among other things.

Where in CO are you? I bought my car in Redmond.

·
Registered
5,972 Posts
Hi I was wondering what it takes to pull my 350 in my '71 Malibu and drop in a 454. What must be done when going from small block to the big block? My Chevelle runs great with it's tuned 350 but down the road I would really like the big block. I was hoping to find a complete 454 that someone has pulled and clean it up and tune/rebuild/Stroker kit(maybe?) it. I would like to just work on that over time while running the 350 in my car and then when the right time comes around and my project is completed I could look into dropping the 454 in. Does this sound fesable and practical? What should I be looking for in a 454 and about how much should I know to spend?
Thank you all
Beefier coils, bigger radiator, maybe an accelerator cable swap.....

If buying a complete 454 I'd make sure I heard it run first.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.