Team Chevelle banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· In Memoriam
66 El Camino 57 Chevy pickup 2004 Tahoe
25,548 Posts
I've never see a 060 main bearing. I think your best bet is to use the net to get phone numbers to hit up the usual big vendors.

· Registered
1,960 Posts
Gardar,

Clevite has -60 main bearing set for 350 chev, part number is MS-909PC-60. The problem is that these are semi-finished bearings (designated as C-60), and there aren't many shops that are equipped to finish bearings correctly. Some larger production engine rebuilders may have the equipment and expertise to do this job, but it would very likely cost you more than a replacement crank would. There are virtually millions of 350 Chev cranks in the world and you would be much better off finding a crank kit with a crank that has been ground .010" or .020", even if you have to pay the core charge for a "grindable" crank. That is, unless you have some sort of one-off, high dollar billet crank that you are trying to save.

· Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
the thing is that this is a stroker crank. and it is already cut to .060
and I live in Iceland and there is nobody here that can balance a new crank. so I guess I will just have to wait.
I will just have to work harder on the assembly.
I have to have the car running for may begins

· Registered
2,739 Posts
Sounds like you need to do the weld-up and turn-down thing then... that's the standard way around the world of repairing a crank when it's too far gone to buy bearings for. I'm sure there is someone in Iceland who can do that,; try a shop that works on big trucks, if you can't find anybody that works on race cars. No balancing would be "required", since the new metal will weigh arbitrarily close to the same as what was there before.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts