Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part May's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
13,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have a set of sm journal 327 rods, not 283, they want to get rid of?

------------------
Tom Parsons

G

·
You want the small journal type, correct? I will look, I think I have some. Let you know on Monday.

------------------
Wally
Gold #67
67 Malibu "Small Block"
90 SS454
71 Malibu "Small Block"
93 torch red vette

·
Registered
687 Posts
Whats the difference between the 2 sets?

------------------
John 67SS
ACES #2887
Team Chevelle Gold #127
Bassett,VA

·
Registered
501 Posts
I have a set of small journal 327 rods. The pistons are still attached to them and there is some surface rust on them. They are sitting in back yard, it is in AZ and there is not much rain here so they should clean up. I was told by someone who restores Corvettes that they are the good 327 rods. I will trade you something for the rods.

·
Registered
13,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ken,
I don't know that I have anything to trade (unless you want a set of 400 rods). What do you want for them?

------------------
Tom Parsons

·
Registered
501 Posts
Tom, you may want to pass on the rods I have. I went back and looked at them, the pistons are frozen to the wrist pins so may be problems pressing out the wrist pins.

·
Registered
13,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
John,
The 327 rods have more meat on the big end and the 283 are just round on the big end. You would just have to see them together to tell.

------------------
Tom Parsons

·
Registered
13,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ken,
I would still be interested. If you want to try to press them out, OK. Or, if you want to throw them in a box and ship them, I'm sure I can get them pressed out. Let me know.

------------------
Tom Parsons

·
Registered
13,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Actually, I'm not. I just don't have any spare sm journal 327 rods.

------------------
Tom Parsons

·
Registered
13,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
This is true. But sm journal 327 rods are what you need to build a poboys SB420 (offset grind the rod journals .120, which gives you a 3.87 stroke, use .020 under rod bearings for sm journal 327 rods plus a .030 bore = 420ci. Too easy. (and scary)
As I said before, I'm not hurting for any, but I do not have any spare 327 rods. And I have one SB420. So I would like to have an extra set (or 2), ---------------- just in case.

------------------
Tom Parsons

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.