Team Chevelle banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did the '69 300 Deluxe have a carpet or rubber matting? I'm not so sure after seeing a '72 brochure showing the 300 Deluxe with carpet.

[This message has been edited by Keith Tedford (edited 03-06-99).]

·
Registered
341 Posts
Rubber mat was where it was at, on that! Carpet will fit, but not original..Have fun!

·
Registered
548 Posts
Keith the brochure I have says, "For a little extra you can have the 300 Deluxe package this includes Malibu grille and rocker molding; 300 deluxe fender nameplates;deep-twist floor capeting"...FRED

·
Registered
101 Posts
I had an original 66 300 deluxe and it had carpet. there is a difference between a 300 and a 300 deluxe, though, mainly the option list.

·
Premium Member
8,074 Posts
Up to & including '69, the 300 deluxe used a textured rubber floor mat. In years that Chevy offered both the 300 & 300 deluxe, the 300 got black textured rubber, while the 300 deluxe got colour-keyed rubber. In '70 and later the 300 deluxe was Canada only. I'm not sure about the '70 model content, but for '71 & '72 the 300 deluxe was an upgrade to the base Chevelle and had carpeting, a bright grille, rocker panel mouldings and a 300 deluxe nameplates on the front fenders.

·
Registered
162 Posts
The following trivia is mainly in response to hangten and Cam's replies. The info I recently got in the GM resto packet for 65 says:
300 dlx: vinyl spatter coated rubber, color keyed to match the three interior colors.
300: vinyl coated rubber.
This follows what Sam says and implies that the 300s got a different mat which didn't match the interior. However the absolutely for-sure original mat in my 300 is splattered with aqua to match the interior, and is identicle to the mat in a 65 300 dlx I have seen. So I wonder just how hard and fast these rules always are. --- Carl

·
Premium Member
7,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I checked in my GM parts books which were last updated by GM effective May 1981. The rubber mats weren't listed any more and the carpets were only listed for 136 models and 134s weren't mentioned at all. The brochures are developed before the cars even go into production and it is usually stated that changes can be made without notice. This may be what happened in the case of Fred's brochure. I'll have to pretty well stick with the carpet as a good, correct rubber mat would be nearly impossible to find.
I met a little old lady last summer with a mint '70 300 hardtop which she bought new. This car even has the thick clear plastic seat covers that you used to have the dealers install in those days. They aren't even yellow. I think her rubber mats would be in the same condition. You wouldn't believe the condition of this car and it gets driven regularly in the summer. The lady is fanatically clean and tidy. Now to find a rubber mat.
Enough rambling and thanks for the input.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.