41 - 60 of 96 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
What’s the difference? What are the holes for near the ashtray area and below the temperature/generator instrument area? They are on the instrument carrier I took out, but not the other. Nothing else seems to be different except p/w section. Is it that much more to add p/w? Is it a different year? Model? Can I still use it? Or just try to find or buy one? Sorry upside down pictures. Thanks in advance.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,174 Posts
Great project! Thanks for posting the pics as you move along. Seeing the headliner shots reminds me of mine only my mouse nest was three times the size of yours and oh how it stunk!

·
Premium Member
7,683 Posts
Thanks shovelrick. Yes I like all those examples. I was curious about the roof insulation. How to get it back in place. I have a few dents in the top to fix first, but it’s getting vinyl so that helps. Saw a sticky here on installing from bubba68ss. Might give it a try. Some others successful and hopefully if he’s still in Vancouver might be a good reason for a drive. I also want everything inside black. Even though it might get a little hot, that’s ok I have Astro ventilation right. Anyways thanks for the feed back. Next the dash, instrument carrier and wires.
That headliner write up is excellent. I've done a handful, and each one is basically using the same process & steps he used.

I'm about to do the one in my own 68 here shortly. Its white though so i'm a little nervous getting it dirty while working on it.

I'll post up in my own build thread when i do.

·
Premium Member
7,683 Posts
Rambo or realred70. Can you help with what year seats I have and can they be changed to black?
Look like 1969 Buick Skylark seats to me. Good cores, tracks appear to be correct a-body tracks too. Can definitely be changed over to black, just need covers & plastics.

--

I would clean up your dash and run it. It can be repainted with SEM landeau black paint & testers silver leaf pen for the highlights if you want to refresh it.

The cut out radio opening just means you don't have to feel bad about cutting it- Or, you can buy a repop radio delete on ebay and glue it over the broken opening.

41 - 60 of 96 Posts