Chevelles.com banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My basket case is coming together - but I have a wiring question.

There is a 30 amp littlefeild fuse(?) on the firewall. I do not have the wire that connects opositre the yellow/black wire.

My Ass'y manual shows a wire for wagons from the horn relay to this...

This is a convertible = do I need this, or does the wire come from somewhere else???

Joe

·
Registered
7,762 Posts
Not sure of your question. Maybe try to re-phrase it. Aren't you the guy I sent the radiator hold down bracket to?

·
Premium Member
2,223 Posts
An auto fuse or circuit breaker, like you describe, is used for the wagon rear power window. It is also used for other power accessories like power windows, power seat..etc.

One side connects to the horn relay with a #12 wire, sonetimes black sonetimes orange and black. The wire other side orange/black will pass through the firewall and have a three or one place connector. The wires are available at M&H

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
John, yep thats me... If you checkout my website you might be able to see your former radiator cover!

Let me try again -- on my car there is a yellow wire with a black stripe sticking out of the firewall near the fusebox. This is attached to a fuse marked Littlefeild 30A. I do not know where the wire that attaches to the other side comes from/goes.

Elree - I have a power top, guess that counts. Where does the other end go to , the horn relay per the Assembly manual?

Thanks!

Joe

·
Premium Member
2,223 Posts
'Where does the other end go to , the horn relay per the Assembly manual?'

Yes, assuming it's factory wiring, the power comes from the horn relay.

Not that it matters but the yellow/black wire probably started out life as orange/black.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts