Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How is everyone?

I took my 70 to the track for the first time about a week ago. The best time that I could muster was a 14.2 @ 98.9mph in the 1/4. That was with a big ol' bench seat, a good sized tool box, and a full size spare in trunk. I know removing those things will drop the ET, but what about gears? Will gears make THAT much of a difference? Granted, "difference" is a relative term, but I was looking for some kind of info, i.e., with 3:08 I ran 'this', and with 3:73 I ran 'that'.

Anybody got any numbers?

Right now I have a 377 (that needs tuning badly), with a TH-350 and 3:08 gears in an open 10-bolt.

Thanks for the info.
Chuck

·
Registered
80 Posts
OK...here goes. With 3.31's and non-posi, I ran 15's and 16's (couldn't hook up). Put on 3.73's and an Auburn unit... now hooking up good and running 13.6 to 13.9 secs.(< 2.00sec 60 foot times). I think the positraction is more important than the gear ratio in my case. My biggest problem now is the top end speed... only running 98 to 100mph. I'm currently changing out the fuel pump and increasing fuel line diameter to 1/2" (dang, is it hard to find parts for a 1/2").
Good luck and have fun.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, Doc

Most of my racin' buddies were there with their Mustangs. I bested all of them. They seemed to be real impressed that I was running 14.2's with R/T in the high nines. The common answer to hit 13's was the gear swap. Now all I need is more money! Common problem, I guess.

Thanks again.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.