Team Chevelle banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m looking for rims that resemble the original hub caps on my 65. I’m changing the suspension in the next few weeks. I would like to know if anyone has had issues running 15s or 16s as well
Car Vehicle Tire Wheel Automotive parking light

·
Registered
1965 Malibu SS
157 Posts
Hi Deewick, those fender skirts sure make the look different. I have not seen many Chevelles that have them.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Deewick, those fender skirts sure make the look different. I have not seen many Chevelles that have them.
Definitely different. The original owner ordered them on the car. The car has some strange options. The casting number on the motor shows it’s a 365 hp 327 which came in corvette, and the stranger thing is it is a 3 on the tree. Been looking everywhere to find out how many were built with this combo and can’t find anything on the combo. So I hope the info he gave me is correct.
Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Fixture Window
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Sky

·
Registered
2,670 Posts
Wow thats a rare one. Fender skirts have to go though in my opinion (but you should still keep them just in case). Beautiful Chevelle either way. Great find.

·
Premium Member
899 Posts
Great find, I would leave the car just the way it is. Can you take a picture of the engine stamp pad.

·
Premium Member
1966 Chevelle SS396
569 Posts
Awesome car. Congrats on a rare find!

·
Premium Member
3,211 Posts
Definitely different. The original owner ordered them on the car. The car has some strange options. The casting number on the motor shows it’s a 365 hp 327 which came in corvette, and the stranger thing is it is a 3 on the tree. Been looking everywhere to find out how many were built with this combo and can’t find anything on the combo. So I hope the info he gave me is correct.
View attachment 722669 View attachment 722671
Unfortunately, no known examples of a 1965 Chevelle with 365HP 327 exist and were not available as a regular production option (RPO) to the general public. 3782870 seems to be one of the more common block casting numbers.

·
Premium Member
899 Posts
The 365hp could be dealer installed or maybe a copo. It should be a 12 bolt rear.

·
Registered
1970 SS 396 25-C, 1966 SS R-R
894 Posts
Engine code EA = 1965 327/250 horsepower with manual transmission, could be the original engine.

·
Premium Member
899 Posts
This car gets better and better. Like said above most likely original motor. Can you post a picture of the trim tag.

·
Premium Member
899 Posts
I would say this is original engine. FO125EA flint January 25th
01D- January 4th week assembly date
739- Med. Blue Interior
EE- Danube Blue Exrerior
W-Tinted windshield only
3C- Instrument panel pad
5- something to do with seat belts

I would gently clean this car and keep it just as it is. They are original only once. This is a great car.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I would say this is original engine. FO125EA flint January 25th
01D- January 4th week assembly date
739- Med. Blue Interior
EE- Danube Blue Exrerior
W-Tinted windshield only
3C- Instrument panel pad
5- something to do with seat belts

I would gently clean this car and keep it just as it is. They are original only once. This is a great car.
I don't plan on changing much just want to make it road safe and not have to worry about much, but what I do change I'll be saving for the next care giver.

·
Premium Member
899 Posts
That's great, make it save to drive and enjoy it. I have a 67 327 4speed and I put a set of the new RF70-14's on my Chevelle with the original wheel covers. The tires look like the bias tires back in the day. Do you have any of the original paper work.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I'm planning on checking under the back seat for the build sheet. But other then that nothing yet. Unfortunately.

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
So is the engine out of the car?

·
Premium Member
1,605 Posts
The engine you are showing out of the car has a flex plate for an automatic trans on it so it may have been in a car with auto at one time.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts