Team Chevelle banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
575 Posts
Cool, but they left out a few of the best car movies and chase scenes. Guess when Mr. Cruises "Mission Impossible" and Mr. Cages "Gone in 60 seconds" are now known as "Hot" "Classics" I'm officially old, either that or the author that cobbled those together is demonstrating the lack of proper research technique, I'm choosing the latter:)

·
Registered
2,183 Posts
I wish they didn't wreck the Charger in Bullitt, Dirty Mary and Crazy Larry, Fast and Furious, the Dukes movie AND the series, the one in the Gladiator, Death Proof, etc. No wonder second gen Chargers are bringing a mint. The Movie industry is killing them all!!

:angry::angry:

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
they didnt wreck the charger in bullit :) it went behind the gas station

·
Registered
963 Posts
They choked most of that list, there were movies on there that had crappy chases (Charlies Angels you have got to be kidding :sad:) and they missed some of the greats.......The Original "Gone in 60 Seconds" was way better than the remake (but the remake deserves a place too)........"To Live and Die in LA" best use of a mid 80's Caprice........"The Driver" a car guy classic, it is hard to find but worth the look :thumbsup:.......and the one that has to be my favorite they didn't do (which tells me the writer isn't a car person).....drum roll please.............Vanishing Point (not that POS cable remake)

Oh yeah there was that movie where Schnider piles the Ventura into the back of a trash truck at the end of it.......

·
Premium Member
1,783 Posts
whoa the original gone in 60 seconds? i never even knew that existed. I might have to try and find that.

·
Registered
963 Posts
I have a copy on DVD, I live in the Torrance - San Pedro - Long Beach area where it was filmed, I remember the real Eleanor (not that fibreglass monstrocity they call a GT500 Shelby wannabe) sitting in Vel's Ford on Hawthorne for years. H.B. Halicki was the man, if you want to know who he is, get the movie.

Here is a link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/H.B._Halicki#Gone_In_60_Seconds

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
that piss yellow one i didnt like that body style yuck

·
Registered
3,495 Posts
WTH!? How is a movie in which the main charcter is in a POLICE CHASE the ENTIRE time, not on it? I bought Vanishing Point on accident when I was younger and it is one of my favorite movies!

BTW, I don't see what's so "classic" about their list!? Half of those movies were made in the last 10 years!

·
Registered
3,024 Posts
Ronon, does have a great car chase, I like the whole movie, but the chase in Bullit is a realistic chase, not something done with cars on platforms and drivers doing maneuvers that can't be done successfully more then 1 in 100 times.

Besides, Bullit uses two great American muscle cars!!
The French Connection had a pretty good car chase, also.

·
Registered
575 Posts
As I've stated that list is on Crack. Okay young ones heres some "Classic" movies that just happen to have cool cars and chases.

Gumball Ralley: cool night scene with a 427 Cobra vs Daytona Ferrari plus a young crazy fellow Tulsan Gary Busey in a Big Block SS Camaro on two wheels.
Eat my Dust: Ron Howard in a cool Camaro
Cannonball: The real one not "Run" for those who like black 68 Chargers and white 455SD Trans Am's(Re-sprayed red) oh yeah Kwai Chang Caine from Kung Fu teachs you how to change a flat w/no jack and jump incomplete bridges in a 70 Fastback Stang.
Death Race 2000 Kung Fu is back the cars are hokey but running over people is worth points. Rocky scores as well.
White Lighting "Cool" Burt Reynolds with chases on dirt and jumps plus endless 4 spd gear changes and cool white letter tires on Big Block Ford sedans.
The Getaway Skinny tires big block torque
Thunderball and Lightfoot Has a 73 TA for awhile but if you liked "Heat" this ones better.
Corky Sad character, but some cool vintage iron along the way including Richard Petty, Bobby Allison and other NASCAR legends of the day.
Greased Lightning A few chases and a true story about Wendell Scott the only black driver to win a NASCAR race.
Last but not left out....
King of the Mountain Racing and chasing down Mulholland Drive 67 Vette vs Porsche Speedster with Dennis Hop... see for yourselves.

Rant over:) Enjoy.

·
Registered
2,183 Posts
King of the mountain. What a great movie! ....and one I realize isn't in my present collection. Guess I'm gonna have to remedy that.

·
Premium Member
2,176 Posts
whoa the original gone in 60 seconds? i never even knew that existed. I might have to try and find that.
I got it from the usa, didnt like it, much prefer the later one. i also got the remake to vanishing point from the usa also. nearly cried when i seen what happened to the black charger.:sad::sad::sad:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.