Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part August's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello Everyone are there any Nissan techs here.My neighbor needs help reprogramming his wifes keyless fob.It will start but it usually works with the key just in the car now they have to touch it to the dash "start button" to get it to work.
That indicates it needs reprogramming I was told.Dealer wabts $155 plus 370 if a new key is needed ( and we all know they'll say its needed) On some models there is a FOB reprogramming port but I can't find one on this model.Its a Minivan I'm not sure of the model I will report back on that in a couple minutes
Thanks for any info at all
I just found out its a 2016 Nissan Quest

·
Premium Member
14,585 Posts
This is what I found on google, has the battery been replaced??

How do you reprogram a 2016 Nissan key fob push start?

Press and hold any button from your fob's keychain until the door locks begin to flash. It should take about three seconds. Once you stop seeing the lock lights flash, you can release your programming button. You should then see a steady light that confirms that the key fob has been programmed.Feb 23, 2022

·
Premium Member
9,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Unfortunately my friend's new wife was too impatient to wait and I think she insisted on taking the car to a Nissan dealer instead of waiting.
At least that was the last thing I heard.
But anyway Thank you, Leo. I'm going to text him and let him know this information ASAP.

Reactions: LeoP
1 - 3 of 3 Posts