Team Chevelle banner

2009 Chevy Camaro Poll

1 - 20 of 98 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,892 Posts
A camaro is a camaro.....I have never liked them.

·
Registered
5,179 Posts
i really like it. just wish they would sell a stripped down version with the good suspension and drive train. dont want gps, dvd players,etc,etc. i really would like them to remove the air bags,manual heating and ac controls would be nice. i guess im day dreaming again

·
Premium Member
11,275 Posts
I really like that Camaro although a stripped down performance model would be a great idea, especially with the LS7 or the LS9 engine option. If they could get this thing to come in at ,say, 3200 lbs it would be a bargain at $40K. They are going to sell more of these cars than you guy's think if they are correctly priced. Get creative, think of the possibilities here. Six hundred horsepower and 28 mpg would be crazy badass. :):thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
You are showing the concept images, which look OK. There are plently of images on the net of the real deal driving around and it doesnt look quite the same. IMHO, GM totally screwed up. Dodge got it right. Ford got it right. GM created this thing that looks nothing like any of the classic camaros I have owned.. no resemblence.. and has an ugly nose and a$$ end in its own right. They should have gone more retro. I have been a camaro guy for 25 years, but I would even consider that one, yet I am drooling over the retro Dodge Challenger.

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
it's too heavy, and the mustang is better looking imo. The only good thing is the potential for more 6 speeds out of wrecked cars. The price of a used t56 is crazy, when you can find the mustang tremecs for under 500. I hope they sell a lot of these camaros. lol
but with gas the way it is, and the ugly looks it's not looking good for the car.

·
Registered
290 Posts
They have delayed the release of it for so long they can stick it. The challenger gets my vote but there screwing that up by running the price above msrp at the dealer so they can stick that to. I hate to say it but Ford got it right. Nice car for a price a workin man can afford.

·
Premium Member
7,753 Posts
Oshawa was to build three other rear wheel drive variants in the Oshawa car flex plant. All but the Camaro have either been canned or moved to American plants. Apparently this was due to the new gas mileage figures demanded by the American government. The front drive Impala is going to be built one more year here on the other car line. The Oshawa truck plant is going to one shift in September. Contract bargaining is going to be extremely tough this year. Unless things improve, I could see Oshawa being shut down entirely. There is no money in running one shift any more and Oshawa can build all the Camaros the market can absorb in a year, in three months or less. We may not have to worry about Good, Bad, or Ugly. Fortunately, I'm usually wrong on stuff like this.

·
Premium Member
2,801 Posts
Its not a 1st gen, but atleast there trying to do a throwback to ggod times. I like it and it will have decent HP

·
Registered
671 Posts
I'll pass judgement when I see one on the street. Photographs can distort the overall profile and looks of a car.

What powerplants are going to be available on that black SS model?

Charles

·
Registered
6,264 Posts
I really like that Camaro although a stripped down performance model would be a great idea, especially with the LS7 or the LS9 engine option. If they could get this thing to come in at ,say, 3200 lbs it would be a bargain at $40K. They are going to sell more of these cars than you guy's think if they are correctly priced. Get creative, think of the possibilities here. Six hundred horsepower and 28 mpg would be crazy badass. :):thumbsup:
They could easily get 600 H.P. but they're not going to get anywhere near 28 mpg. Lay down the crack pipe. If gas continues to rise, all us low income people will be walking, not buying a new "anything".

·
Registered
439 Posts
I checked out the new Camaro at the auto show here in columbus a few months ago. It's a real cool looking car in person. The car has it's own look. I dont see a whole lot of comparison with the 69 camaro. The car that makes it to production will be toned down from the one in the pic from what I've heard. The promo lady said the base model should sell in the low 20's meaning v6. The layed out Z28 or SS will be in the low 30's. At that price the V8 car's won't sell like they think. With gas on the rise the v8 camaro won't be an everyday driver, unless you can afford to. The challenger has hit it's retro mark. That car is awesome. There offering them on ebay for around 60k. Twice as much as the V8 camaro. At that price they'll be a limited production car. Most can't afford the price tag. Unless I hit the lottery soon, I wont be shopping for either. I like the camaro and love the challenger. Just my 2 cents.

·
Premium Member
4,173 Posts
I hated the 3rd gen when it came out. It was a frigging hatchback for crying out loud. Once it grew on me, the 4th gen came out, what the hell was GM thinking. I love both of them now though, they grew on me. I actually think the 5th gen gives a better first impression than either of those did. I'd buy one if it is priced right. If it ain't, I'll let someone else buy it, lose their ass, then buy it used for half the price. :D

1 - 20 of 98 Posts