Team Chevelle banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The company I work for recently had a chevy C4500 cargo van get into a bad accident. It had about 9K miles on it. Bent the frame and all front sheetmetal. It will be totaled out. What is the chassis worth with the good 6.0 motor and trans? Tom

·
Registered
889 Posts
I'd call some local yards near you and find out what they go for. That new, they probably want a small fortune.

·
Registered
280 Posts
If you are thinking about trying to buy it, don't forget to grab all the sensors, computers, and harnesses.

·
Lifetime Founding Member
14,793 Posts
Chevy HiPo magazine has an article in the current issue about a 5.3 truck engine with 4L60E swap into a '72 Nova. They said the cost of the engine, trans, computer, and harness was only $1300 (sounds quite low). BUT they used an LS conversion kit from Turn Key Engine Supply which cost $2500 that included engine mounts, different cast alum oil pan, harness, and other things not mentioned. They also listed Sanderson headers at $300, Lokar throttle cable at $50, and an Alumitech radiator at $500. There were other things they didn't price like external fuel pump, GM fuel filter, trans cooler lines, etc.

·
Premium Member
1,520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If iI buy it. It would be a complete chassis, including the cab. That 6.0 could really pull the 12000 load around very well. Tom

·
Premium Member
1,520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Got the chassis bought! Has a 2009 6.0L LQ9 and 4l85E trans. Comes to me as a complete chassis for 1500.00 . Motor and trans are perfect! If I understand correct, the heads should be the L92 version? Tom

·
Premium Member
377 Posts
If it is in a van, they should be the truck heads (iron, L92) version. Good buy in my opinion, those engines alone are worth far more than that.

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
I would agree that was a good buy. Should be able to sell that engine alone for around that price and another 400+ for the tranny. Not to mention the random bits you can part out from the van.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts