Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JULY's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any GM tech or general service mechanics can give me troubleshooting?

Inside blower for climate control stopped working or is working very little at all speeds. When AC is on I can feel cool air but blower is not blowing at different speeds or possibly not at all so slight. Thinking it could be the blower, the control panel, or the blower resistor. How can I diagnose before just swapping parts?

Pat

·
Registered
13,036 Posts
Do you have high blower speed and just not the lower speeds, or no fan at all?

·
Premium Member
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
no high speed. there is very little flow when driving, but only when pulling from outside. If I go to in cab recycle nothing spectacular, not like it should be blowing.

I believe no fan at all, but the fact I get something when driving is suspect.

·
Premium Member
1,712 Posts
I only had two speeds on my blower/fan in my 2004 Silverado. I changed the blower resistor and it fixed the problem.

·
Registered
13,036 Posts
With no fan at all I would suspect the motor. Check along the power path with a meter and see where you have and don't have voltage.

·
Premium Member
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It was the blower after trying the resistor. Of course, went to auto parts store, picked up replacement, installed, and tested....BOOM!! New motor broke to pieces in the plastic as soon as I hit high speed!!! No wonder Chinese parts come with lifetime warranty, you spend your life replacing them time and again. Tomorrow I will find a real motor, even if its made in Mexico!!

Thanks for the replies.

Pat

·
Registered
13,036 Posts
On My 2002 Silverado I am just missing the highest speed. What do I need? Would it be the blower resistor?
From what I can determine Dan, the high speed goes through the resistor block as well. Pull it off the housing and take a look at the plug. Seems there's also reference to a high blower 40 amp fuse in a fuse panel too, probably the big one on the drivers side under the hood.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts