Team Chevelle banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Received my new April Hemmings Muscle Machines magazine today. It contains the new 07 muscle car price guide. Wow! The good news is that my Chevelle was a better investment than the stock market. The bad news is, how can anyone new afford to get in the game or feel like they can drive the car for fun? The prices are crazy. Maybe I need to increase my insurance coverage.

·
Premium Member
7,753 Posts
It pays to keep your car insured to appraised value. If you ever have a bad accident and have the car insured to half value, guess what. The insurance company will want to write the car off. It almost happened to a friend of ours. He had to do a lot of fighting to get his car done and not written off.
There are still very good buys our there. They just aren't Chevelles. Our '72 400 4 speed Lemans Sport is optioned much better that our '69 SS396 Chevelle yet is worth about half. There are some very reasonably priced Cutlass, Skylark, and Tempest models out there if people would only look.

·
In Memory of Kevin
2,171 Posts
I want a GTO, but I got a Chevelle

·
Registered
6,743 Posts
I like the guy who took a rusty Cutlass convertible and made his own convertible Chevelle !
Just hang Chevelle quarters, doors and front end on it.
Need to do a little work in the dash and trunk area as well.

I sold my 69 Skylark convert for $1500.
It was the perfect candidate for a Chevelle transformation. A Chevelle buddy of mine has it and he might just do that.

·
Registered
234 Posts
I'd like a 66 or a 67 coupe too, but I only have room for one unfortunately.
Dave
That's my girlfirends dream car. a 66/67 convert GTO... Sorry hun might end up with a lemans or tempest....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts