Team Chevelle banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys for what it's worth 2,000 classics in a salvage yard are all going up for auction this weekend saturday-sunday. Just north of Lapeer Michigan. I live an hour north and heard about it on the news - check it out from these links. I'll probably go for viewing sake ... but hesitate to buy another project. On the other hand looking at this site there is an incredible variety of 40s-60s cars here. The news broadcast said all cars not sold this weekend will be sent to the crusher. :(:( check out these sites.

http://abclocal.go.com/wjrt/seenontv

http://www.rowleyauctions.com/pages/auctionmay1718_2008.htm

·
Registered
492 Posts
I have been waiting for this one for years. I'm going friday to view everything. the guy also had a big collection of old gas station stuff. I also heard there are buses full of parts. I don't expect to buy anything but you never know. it's only 45 min. drive for me.

·
Registered
902 Posts
Hey guys for what it's worth 2,000 classics in a salvage yard are all going up for auction this weekend saturday-sunday. Just north of Lapeer Michigan. I live an hour north and heard about it on the news - check it out from these links. I'll probably go for viewing sake ... but hesitate to buy another project. On the other hand looking at this site there is an incredible variety of 40s-60s cars here. The news broadcast said all cars not sold this weekend will be sent to the crusher. :(:( check out these sites.

http://abclocal.go.com/wjrt/seenontv

http://www.rowleyauctions.com/pages/auctionmay1718_2008.htm
Hey Ron, greetings from another Freelander!

·
Registered
492 Posts
I went to view this auction today What a shame all those cars rotted away. There were a number of 68 chevelle convertibles. I saw a couple of 68 Chevelle 300 post cars with other cars stacked on top of them. Some 65 Chevelle convert's. There were a number of Elcamino's. Nothing worth restoring. There were some good pieces on a lot of them, but with a 400 minimum bid it would hardly be worth it. The deal of the auction may be the buses. There are buses full of parts. One bus had nothing but aircleaners in it.(wonder if there are any dual snorkle's in there. Another one had nothing but headlight trim in it.
I did notice that almost every car there did not have a motor in it but i did not see any engine's sitting around. I saw a couple here and there but for the number of cars you would think there would be a huge motor pile.I took a lot of pics if somebody wants to post some i will send them to you.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Glad to see a couple guys from Freeland here! I live in Freeland too, but hence the screen name..no more chevelle. I do have a 4th gen Camaro SS though to get me to work and back. I am partial to those 68 300 deluxe post cars, that's the one I had.

·
Premium Member
13,664 Posts
Did they just give up on selling just parts?

·
Registered
492 Posts
The guy that owned it died last year & his relatives are cashing in. even when he was alive he was VERY protective of the place and wanted top dollar for anything he had. The cars are WAY past any possibility of restoration. a lot of good pieces here & there.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Is there anybody out there that would post some pics for me from this auction preview. I have some pics that will make you guy's sick. One is a 68 convert sitting on top of a 68 300 post car!! PM me and I will send you a few. thanks ahead of time.

·
Registered
8,847 Posts
I was there 10+ years ago & lots of rusty cars, Remember this is michigan.

LK

·
Premium Member
1,161 Posts
His relatives may be collecting less than they thought. From the looks of the cars, they will need to have a recycler come in. The owner did a poor job of protecting his investment.

·
Premium Member
13,664 Posts
His relatives may be collecting less than they thought. From the looks of the cars, they will need to have a recycler come in. The owner did a poor job of protecting his investment.
I would say that was correct, what a bunch of rust..:sad:

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
Those cars are basically worthless

·
Premium Member
13,664 Posts
I think their best bet is to get a shop vac, because 70% of their profits are laying on the ground in particles of rusty dust.:D

·
Registered
8,847 Posts
Yea, I think a big magnet is there best bet. Unless there are some 138 cars in there with titles, They will probably get $400.00 for them. (probably see them on ebay)

LK

·
Registered
492 Posts
most of the cars had titles. there was a 400.00 minimum bid. I didn't see one car i would pay that for. a lot of the cars had bucket seats that were recoverable and some had misc trim pieces but if it were me i would have just scrapped them & not had to pay the auction commision. I almost feel sorry for the relatives because that place is such a mess 7 they now have the responsibility of cleaning it up.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts