Team Chevelle banner

2000 Camaro Trans question

1772 Views 7 Replies 3 Participants Last post by  JIM
Buddy of mine has an 2000 Camaro stick shift. I assume a T5. He needs to pull the trans for a clutch change. Is this a standard removal process or does the bell have to come off with the trans as a unit? He says he has the 4 bolts out of the trans that attach it to the BH, but it is held up by some TO bearing linkage?? It think it is part hydraulic/part cable. How does the trans come out of one of these things??
1 - 2 of 8 Posts
Re: 2001 Camaro Trans question

Do not remove the trans from the bell housing. Remove with transmission. Hydraulic line had a white collar at the transmission end, this needs to be depressed before line will disconnect. As long as he is not replacing slave or master cylinder it will not have to be bled when reconnected. There is a tool that may come with the replacement clutch to release line, if not I have used an open end wrench that fits over line and push in the collar.
Re: 2001 Camaro Trans question

Yes that is where it should seperate, and the scratched up piece will come out of the larger brass piece. He needs to bolt the trans back to the bell housing or he'll damage the slave cylinder as it is bolted to the transmission. Unfortunately looking at the picture it may be too far gone to get it apart, so he may have to replace the slave and the line.
1 - 2 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.