Chevelles.com banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just received and viewed the 200-4R video from Technical Video. I think it is well worth the cost, $34.95 + $3.95 S&H. It shows a complete teardown, inspection and reassembly. It shows special tools that are helpful and also shows some ways to get things done w/o the special tools. Very few special tools are needed to rebuild 200-4R. It has good clear close-ups of the parts and goes thru things step by step. I think I could have done a rebuild w/o it(using shop manual) but I feel much more confident now that I have seen it. A picture is worth a thousand words and the video is worth a thousand(or at least a lot) of pictures.
It notes a few "weak points", early non- hardened sun gear shell and stator support, (suggests replacing with hardened parts) but does not show/suggest any performance modifications.

I ordered the video on Tuesdays and it arrived today(Thursday) by Priority Mail. The number to call and order is 888-785-2604 They also have videos on nearly all of the other common transmissions.

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Hey bud,
Are you in anyway affiliated with the company that sells or distributes these videos? Sounds like your just trying to sell me the video.

------------------
I need GM style rear 1/4's for 70-72!! e-mail me.

·
Boldly procrastrinating
66 El Camino 57 Chevy pickup 2004 Tahoe
28,969 Posts
72SSAbody,

You'll notice that we do have a "Parts Wanted" section.....

Tom

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have no affiliation with the company. I have never met, spoken with, or communicated with anyone from the company other than when I called to order the video.

I think it is a good video and will be very helpful to me. I think it could help others also. I thought the primary reason for this BB was to provide helpful info to people. That is what I was trying to do.

If you have any suggestions on how you think I should tell people about what I think is a good product, please let me know.

PS. My name is Joel, not Bud

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Joel, I don't see a problem with it.It might have been better in the Engine and Drivetrain section, but it is still Chevelle related.Don't worry about it!

72SS- Lighten up Dude!There are several on here that are contemplating this swap, all the info they can get will be beneficial!

------------------
1972 Malibu (1 st. car) Project waiting to happen
Team Chevelle # 427
A.C.E.S. # 1282

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
like me , i did the conversion and haven't seen any place that caries a how to video on this tranny (which i will need soon) also dont' forget another good upgrade The 10 vein pump and extra clutches in 3rd and 4th, the hardened stator support is a MUST because the first tranny i bought had a bad one (teeth were shaved to points) thanks for the info

------------------
members.aol.com/jnkb2cool/chevelle9.jpg members.aol.com/jnkb2cool/350.jpg
John Krenn
1970 malibu SS look-a-like well kinda
307/200-4r (soon to be 355)

Ft.Worth, Tx

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.