Team Chevelle banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After getting into the 'mist green' discussion yesterday, I was checking out my build sheet yesterday and trying to figure out if my chevelle really came with 2-tone paint. the car is frost green, with a strip of silver below the rocker panel moulding and on the little strip between the trunk lid and the bumper.

Does anyone know if this was an original option on 69' Chevelles? My build sheet has two blocks for exterior paint, and they both have a 59 (frost green) in them. I don't know if that means it was all green and the silver is not original or not. The car was repainted before I got it, supposedly in the original colors. The frost green is definitely the original color.
I havn't yet checked the cowl tag to see if it offers any clues.

·
Gold Founding Member
1970 Chevelle Convertible & 1965 Chevelle SS Convertible
1,284 Posts
Well, I can tell you I have seen the 69 Malibu with the green and silver combo many times. I am preety sure it is correct for the Malibu. I have never seen a 69 SS with a combo.

Anyway I am glad to know you have a green chevelle, I personally really like the color. I put a deposit on a Sea Mist 70 SS yesterday. I can't wait to get it.

Power to the green guys.

Rich

·
Premium Member
8,074 Posts
In '69 all Chevelle Malibus except for the '69' 4-door sedan carried silver below the moldings.
One most unusual 2-tone Chevelle I remember was a 2-tone green '70 Chevelle in my home town back in the 70's. It was a Canadian 300-deluxe sport coupe in Forest Green with Frost Green on the roof and wheels (it had the base small hub caps). I saw it again one more time in '83 in Hamilton.
Speaking of 2-tone Chevelles; when I received my info package from GM Canada back in '89 it included a page of 50 Chevelles (including mine). There were four 1967 Chevelles with 2-tones, and none of the combinations were the ones that were promoted. 2 Malibu sport coupes (one Bolero Red with white roof, one Provincial White with Tuxedo Black roof) and 2 base 300 4-doors (Marina Blue with white roof, and a really stripped black & white). These were factory. I also recall a '69 Biscayne coupe in Cortez Silver with a Burgundy roof (that's going way back). Geez, if I could only remember everything else as well...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.