Team Chevelle banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been trying to find this movie for a long time now. I've tried to find out when its on TV or in stores and up till now it has not been!
I just got my latest catalog from Movies Unlimited and its now available in video for $14.99!!!

Call 1800-4-movies to order

·
Registered
403 Posts
What is the movie about?? I missed this one
Thanks

------------------
Mr. D
72 454 El Camino
68 RS/SS Camaro
73 RS/LT/Z28 Camaro
99 Firebird TA WS-6 A4

·
Premium Member
2,001 Posts
I haven't seen that movie for awile but if I remember right It is has some cool sceens and you can hear the M22 trans screem.

·
Registered
948 Posts
Mr. D,
Two-Lane Blacktop is about some kids in a 55 Chevy(same one that was in American Grafitti)with a 454 & a M22 trans that races a new 70 GTO across country. I'll leave the rest up to your imagination. Also, get this while you can...only out for a month!(leagal issues) Also, CDnow has it for $16.25 total with s&h everything. I am awaiting my copy

------------------
Jay W.
In-the-works 67 Malibu
surferwagons.8m.com

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
I saw it once on cable. Ok movie, but I got ticked when the film "burned up"? Not to ruin it for anyone who hasn't seen it, but the ending will bring back the $.50 Thursday night drive in feeling.

------------------
DG
Springfield, Ohio
70 Chevelle Malibu

www.wright.edu/~adams.6/chevy.htm
TEAM Chevelle Member #0086
Genx member (Founder 4 Ohio)

·
Registered
948 Posts
DG, you ruined it! Not really, I've seen the movie a few times. I don't understand the ending. maybe the guy forgot to write the rest or he died.

·
Premium Member
183 Posts
Stars Dennis Wilson of the Beach Boys, James Taylor and Warren Oates. Not the greatest movie ever made but will bring back memories. Wilson and Taylor drive a primered 55 with a 454 against Oates 70 GTO. Some very funny lines and scenes in the film. Highly recommended for nostalgia buffs.

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
It certainly has a 70's "surreal" quality aboout it ( whoops that's a Canandian about ), like no dialogue in certain scenes, or the diner scene when the driver/mechanic are talking but there's no sound and you;re really watching the chic get out of the love van outside. So be open minded about the flic, it's definitely a odd one. But great race scenes ( mostly street ) and I always get that " Easy Rider" gotta get in my ride and cruise the country syndrome when I watch it. Good fare for pre-PowerTour viewing for you touring types.

I recommend a few "soda-pops" prior to and during viewing to get into the right mindset!

[This message has been edited by Gene Chas (edited 11-10-99).]

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
Yeah it reminded me of the nights out with my buddies packed in back of someones truck or car, when we could get into the drive in for under a buck-a-car-load.

We rarly cared what was playing, but any kind of car/racing/female-in-a-halter&shorts/car movie was enuff. Usually no refunds for rain or bad audio, or burnt tape. After all it was Thursday night.

I would pick it up on DVD though just for the sounds.

[This message has been edited by DG (edited 11-10-99).]

·
Premium Member
738 Posts
This movie has been available from a company out here on the west coast called "Main Attractions" in Chatsworth, CA, for about 3 or 4 years I'd guess. Didn't know anyone would be interested or I would have let you know. They have it on VHS only. Also, they have a TON of old car and racing movies available. One of my favorites is "Hollywood Knights" starring Tony Danza, Michelle Pfeiffer, and Fran Drescher, and is set in Beverly Hills circa Halloween, 1965. Has a bunch of old cars--65 GTO, 65 El Camino, 60? El Camino, 65 Buick convertible, T-bucket, Blown 55 Chevy that Danza drives (featured in Hot Rod), a Cobra, a sweet old Woodie, 56 Chevy sedan delivery and an old fat-fendered Ford? It's a pretty funny movie. One of my favorites! Shows a little T & A, if you know what I mean boys! Check it out and enjoy, Tony.

[This message has been edited by 64elkynss (edited 11-11-99).]

·
Registered
948 Posts
TONY!!!Do you know how long I've been looking for Hollywood Knights? A long time. I didn't think they made it anymore. How much is it & where is Chatsworth? I live in SoCal(1/2 way between San Diego & LA). Do they ship movies? Thanks. Jake Bauer has a site about Hollywood Knights. Maybe you'll see him on here. Really cool site.

------------------
Jay W.
In-the-works 67 Malibu
surferwagons.8m.com

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
I didn't think "Holywood Knights" was available .I have tried to order it several times, but no luck.Also try out this link: http://www.motorcam.com They have "Two-Lane" also, along with others.

------------------
' 72 Malibu project ACES # 1282 Team Member # 427
' 70 C-10 Pickup

·
Premium Member
738 Posts
Jay(and all others that are interested),
I can't find my old catalog from them, but here's their address off of the back of the Two Lane Blacktop video--P.O. Box 4923, Chatsworth, CA. 91313-4923. Try directory assistance in Chatsworth, I'm sure they're still there. The VHS videos are usually 20 bucks a pop. I usually buy mine at the Good Guys shows in Pleasanton, but I'm sure they do mail order also. Good luck! Tony
HOLD ON FELLAS! I found their phone #!!!
It is (818) 883-3408 unless they've changed the damn area code down there by now. Good luck and enjoy!

·
Registered
948 Posts
Thanks Tony,
I'll give them a call.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I recently purchased a Special Edition version of Two Lane Blacktop, which came in a metallic case, with a video (on widescreen), and a souvenir booklet. There is a documentary at the end of the movie, with the cast and crew.

bought mine at Best Buy, and the Special Edition box that I have is serial #1196.

------------------
The Emissary
descendant of a former Chevelle owner
http://www.angelfire.com/tx/lonestarclassics/acar.html

Tales From The Crypt -- A-Cars
http://members.tripod.com/~seributra_d/TFTC2.htm

1969 Chevelle Memories Page
http://members.tripod.com/~seributra_d/time_and_memories.htm

Chevelles (and A-cars) On Screen
http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Downs/5196/a_car.html

Disco-Era Classics
http://homepages.go.com/~55498/hooptie.htm

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
I had called Ron Main months ago and, unfortuntely he called back after I had already ordered "Tulane" on line. It sounds as if he has all the gearhead movies avail.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Hey Tony, I was reading the posts again and the car in "Hollywood Knights" is a '57 instead of a 55.It was called "Project '57", and "Hot rod" or "Carcraft " one built it up. They did an article about the movie, and the car and it would turn 10's .They made the comment that the Cobra in the movie couldn't stay with it, and that the scenes where they race were all scripted.The Cobra was an original car, but the '57 would suck the paint off that aluminum body at every turn.

------------------
1972 Malibu (1 st. car) Project waiting to happen / Team Chevelle # 427 / A.C.E.S. # 1282

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
I ordered mine from Blockbuster Video for 12.95 plus tax. That movie has been digitally remastered and it shows great.

·
Registered
4 Posts
BOUGHT THAT MOVIE A FEW YEARS AGO AT WALLMART ON VHS.I WOULD LIKE TO GET THE SPECIAL EDITION DVD JUST TO HAVE IT.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.