Chevelles.com banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cant find a place for these two wires ,looks like it goes on a male spade connector! Thanks!

·
Registered
7,762 Posts
Went through a bunch of stuff and didn't find it yet. Are these two wires on the same connector pin or two different pins? What's the shape of the connector look like?

·
Premium Member
2,223 Posts
If your car is equipped with A/C that connector connects to the A/C harness to provide power. If you have heat only that connector is not used.

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
John_Muha -Both brown wires are on the same connector pin and the connector shape is square/female. Thanks.

·
Registered
7,762 Posts
Still confused. Elree is usually correct but I only remember one brown wire in the heater control connector. The only brown pair I can think of goes to the ignition switch. Are these wires a small gage? Do you have a pair of brown wires plugged into the ignition switch? Asking the same question as Elree, do you have A/C? Just guessing.

·
Premium Member
2,223 Posts
If it is a gauge dash harness you will have two brown wires on the A/C connection. This is because there was only one harness used for the gauge dash option so it accommodates heat only or A/C. The SS/Monte light dash or the sweep dash have different harness for each application. I assumed it is a gauge dash harness because I can't think on any other connector that would have two brown wires.

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Correct on the gauge dash harness gentlemen!
These two brown wires are a heavy guage so I assume they must be for something that draws heavy current ie;AC/heat as was your hunch!
Any way to confirm this such as a termination spot?
Thanks.

[This message has been edited by 67johnny (edited 09-08-2002).]

·
Premium Member
2,223 Posts
"Any way to confirm suach as a temination spot?"

Yes if you have A/C that connector will connect to the A/C harness. If you don't have A/C that connector is not used.

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Elree-pardon the previous gibberish,but could I not confirm this AC theory by checking for continuity at the firewall cavity? (if I new what pin went to the non-existent AC circuit?)
Thanks!

·
Registered
7,762 Posts
The brown wire for heat only cars doesn't run to the bulkhead connector. That is, it doesn't attach to any pin in the firewall. It comes from the fuse block. It would have 12 volts to ground with the key on and 0 volts with it off.

·
Premium Member
2,223 Posts
Jonny

This is not theory. My answer is based on fact from first hand experience. The A/C harness is a seperate harness, if you don't have A/C all you will have is the connector that provides power to it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts