Team Chevelle banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just able to drive my car for the first time last night after putting all new parts in the rearend and driveline, and rear suspension.

Went from stock suspension, 10bolt 2.73s open.

To:

Quick performance 9 inch, 35spline, detroit locker, ford ends, 4.11s.
Adjustable shocks, trick springs, UMI control arms, new driveshaft.

Lets just say this was quite a difference, to say the least. The ride is definitely a little stiffer and when the locker locks it wants to pull when going around a corner. It really woke the 468 up, the locker was nothing to worry about street driving i only heard it click once pullling back into the driveway. And that wasnt even bad. Going from 2.73s to 4.11s is absolutely awsome, i can see how driving alot ont he freeway might be annoying but around town and at the track the 4.11s are gona be leaps and bounds above those old gears.

Thanks to all who helped me with this project, even if i read one of your old posts to find some info out.

Next is either gona be the trans, and converter or interior havent decided yet.

Thanks Brian

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Wow, quite an upgrade from what you had! Your set up is nearly identical to mine. I did swap out the locker for a spool last fall though. If it was more of a street car I would've stayed with the locker.

·
Registered
430 Posts
I'm going from the same set up (open 2:73) only going up to 3:73 with a Eaton posi. new springs, umi lowers, the whole shabang. I hope to have it installed within the next couple of weeks. Can't wait. I have actually had dreams of me driving with this new set up and I was flat out flying:D
Hope my dream comes true ;)

·
Premium Member
5,687 Posts
The whatever was for not noticing, just playing with words.. I REALLY noticed a difference. Sorry for the cornfusion.

BTW: I have 28" tall tires, and overdrive. The car really hated the gears and couldn't decide to stall/lockup when cruising until I did the gear swap.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I went from 2.73 open with 28in M&H DOT tires to 4.88 posi with 29.5/10.5 slicks. 14.0sec at 103mph to 12.4sec at 113.3sec.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts