Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
had some $ and figured id wait for the motor extra's and just put some pipes on from the headers (old pipes were 2" jimmy'd from a single to duals and different cheap mufflers) and wow what a difference, BIG pipes too (more than i realized) w/Turbo's it's got low end grunt and quiet on the highway just what i wanted. cant beat it for $200

------------------
members.aol.com/jnkb2cool/chevelle9.jpg members.aol.com/jnkb2cool/350.jpg
John Krenn
1970 malibu SS look-a-like well kinda
350/200-4r (soon to be 383)

Ft.Worth, Tx

·
Gold Founding Member
978 Posts
which mufflers did you go with,.,
i have the dynomax super turbo and i love them...nice sond but not too noisey!

i also have 2.5 pipes to the mufflers but then 2.25 to the tips

------------------
Rich
Cocoa Beach, Fla
Team Chevelle #380
46 but feeling like 20 when i'm in my 70 SS 454
[email protected]
www.chevelles.com/showroom/70_SS_454.jpg

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i'd have to ask him just cheapy turbo's is what he calls em and i know why you had to go w/2.25 tail pipes, it was a b*tch for them to bend that pipe around the tank and rear end first time i have seen him throw pipe away and start over. pics comin soon

·
Registered
20 Posts
I put 3" on my 67 with cheapy mufflers from Summit. I noticed a big difference from the 2 1/2" I had on. The Air Flow Research heads like to breath. Not to loud when I am cruising, but when you jump on it, it's loud. What I like about this set up is, I don't have to drop the pipes at the track.

·
Premium Member
226 Posts
I put 3in with 3 chamber Flowmasters on my 71 w bigblock sounds real good at idle and cruising but really opens up when on it.

------------------
71 Chevelle 454
65 Elco 4x4
68 Firebird 400 Conv.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.