Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
I'm gonna try and hack mine this weekend and see if I make any sense out of it. I recall a stupid little plastic gear fell out of the one in my elky before I got rid of it. I'll do some checking for ya.

Later(or sooner)

Rob
1BADS72

·
Registered
63 Posts
uh, oops...
Forgot that you don't have a 72.
Can still check into it, though.

Rob
1BADS72

·
Registered
63 Posts
Called a shop this morning- from what I heard, unless you are restoring for points($$$$), find a salvaged cluster unit or replace with aftermarket stuff.
I personally am going to go to aftermarket as soon as I find the right speedo to layout my dash with.

Good luck.
Rob
1BADS72

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanx for asking around. I was kind of looking into replacing the odo anyway. I'm going for a custom look for the interior of mine, so I'm probably going with Auto Meter Performance series quages. They're unassuming, and I like Auto Meter.--Amanda

·
Registered
63 Posts
Glad to help.
BTW, what do you mean by unassuming?
Just curious...

Rob
1BADS72

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Unassuming-not neon green with running lights and bells and whistles. No nifty little flag that tells you when to shift. Granted they do sell those monster tachs with gigantic yellow shiftlights, but for the most part, the lines are simple and they're high quality.--Amanda

·
Registered
63 Posts
Now that I know what were talking about, I agree. I personally don't care for the neon bs either.
Let me know what you end up using. I'm leaning towards a full set of Phantom Series gauges. Maybe if Santa reads this page...

Later
Rob
1BADS72

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.