Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part May's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did a full brake job on my truck 3 months ago. The truck had a spongy peddle and the shoes and pads were gone. After new pads, shoes and turned drums and roters the truck stopped better but the peddle was still spongy. I changed the master cylinder and everything was great, good peddle. Over the last two weeks the peddle has gotten spongy again. I tried bleeding a few times with no improvement. Now it has started pulling to the left and the peddle is worse. Got any ideas?

·
Registered
11,941 Posts
I had a similar problem with my 86 Monte Carlo SS with the pulling and I replaced the front hoses and calipers and that problem is solved. Your spongy pedal may be from the rwabs valve, it is a common problem, my brother in law has the same problem with his truck, the truck stops, but the pedal is soft and continues to fade to a point while stopped. I priced the valve for him and if I remember correctly, it is about 186.00. If I can be of more help, repost here and I will do what I can.

------------------
Leo Paugh
Maryland Chevelle Club #017
A.C.E.S.#3731
there is only one way to fail, and thats to quit.
Maryland Chevelle Club

·
Registered
2,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Are you referring to the aluminum part under the master cyl. with the bleeder valve?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.