Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part May's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought the El Camino and can not fill the gas tank at the slowest pump flow!
I removed the filler pipe and removed a piece
of metal about 4 inches long and thought I fixed the problem. Still a TRICKLE FILLING TANK. HELP!

·
Registered
95 Posts
Somewhere along the line there is a vacuum line plugged up. Being its a later model car, there should be quite a few lines running to the tank. Check the lines for any kinks. The metal you pulled out was probably one of the holes the air comes out when the fuel goes in. Or it could be the piece that would keep you hose from being kinked. I personally would put it back in.
I had the same problem with my ford ranger (god, I hate saying that name) and figured it out that it was the kinked filler hose. I never fixed it, I just left a dollar worth of gas run down the side of the truck. I got rid of the truck (thank goodness) and bought me "chevy". The sorry guy that bought the truck gets to deal with it now.
Other than my ford (grrrr, that name again)story, I would check the lines on your tank and make sure they are open. Oh, and when you are filling it up again, don't stick the gas pump nozzle in the whole way for it might be cutting off the air hole causing the vacuum. Thats my 2 pennies. Hope this helps

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.