Team Chevelle banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Premium Member
12,570 Posts
Well I predict Chevrolet will bring back something to compete with the new Maverick depending on how sales go on the Maverick but as always they will be a day late and a dollar short producing an unreliable POS that will have ugly going for it as well.

Reactions: shovelrick

· Registered
842 Posts
I've seen a couple of these, home built, from a panel Vega. I have one here that I will probably never get to, same type of thing body wise, but this one already has a Rover 4.6 all aluminum V8 stroker out to 313 cu/in, EFI 5 speed

I also want to do the same to a Safari van I have here, make it into a pickup truck. You wouldn't believe how easy it is to convert an Astro/Safari van to a small block V8, and even a big block, with significant more work.

Just projects, some get done, some don't, some never get started..

· Registered
1,024 Posts
Let's see, a compact rear wheel drive pickup. How about a S10, the truck GM should have NEVER stopped building. Imagine an updated version of the original with say a 3.5 or 4.0 liter LS V6 for power and a six speed auto. I'll take mine with four doors and a six foot bed.

· Premium Member
1970 El Camino SS396, VortecPro 467, ATI TH400, Moser 12 bolt /TruTrac 3:42, Hedman headers
1,624 Posts
S-10/S-15, Chevelles, Buick Grand Nationals, etc., do you notice a pattern here ?. Just when GM starts to get it right, they discontinue it or replace it with a new P.O.S., really intelligent product planning people. Discontinue pass. cars, make SUV's and pick-ups as gas heads for $4.00 a gallon....clever move. Makes you wonder how much longer GM will last....don't recommend the stock for your IRA.

· Premium Member
1968 Malibu sport coupe, 489 ci. 590 hp 600 tq, RV T-400 Freakshow 3200 stall, 3.73 12 bolt posi
11,520 Posts
I always like the mini Camaro but they had plenty of problems, I had 2 but 1 was a POS that my 1st wife paid someone to put another engine in (I was away for a while) and the 2nd was pretty nice looking with a newer bronze paint job but started smoking so I traded it in while the gittin was good lol, I would have loved to have a wagon with a 327 or 350 auto instead of a 4 spd, Go Cart with a V8 dont need a 4 spd IMHO

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.