Team Chevelle banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would appreciate any help anyone can give me. I seem to have exhausted most of my options. I am in search of Rocker Panel Moldings for my 1973 Chevy Malibu. I need to replace the molding for driver side lower fender molding and lower door molding. If anyone can provide info as to where I may find new/used stock to replace them. Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
7,962 Posts
Although I'm not 100% sure, I'm reasonably certain that the 1973 Chevelle Malibu & Laguna shared the rocker moldings with the common 1974-77 Malibu Classic. If that is the case then there should not be much difficulty in finding the moldings you need since you'll have a broad range of years to search for.

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
I would appreciate any help anyone can give me. I seem to have exhausted most of my options. I am in search of Rocker Panel Moldings for my 1973 Chevy Malibu. I need to replace the molding for driver side lower fender molding and lower door molding. If anyone can provide info as to where I may find new/used stock to replace them. Thanks in advance.
I might have some used moldings, I'll check sometime this weekend if I get a chance.
It's taken me over 2 years to collect the 2 sets of nos rocker chrome and wheel moldings from ebay, but Im not parting with those.
Keep your eye on ebay, they pop up from time to time.
Nos door rocker trim is as hard to find as chicken teeth :D .

·
Registered
3,794 Posts
Allen and Mitch,

Have you guys tried Classic Muscle in Winston Salem NC? Here is their # 1-800-722-4828 ask for Bill Neely he should be able to help you guys.
BTW I love that body style with the rubber nose. Mitch, I love the pics what tranny is going behind that BB?

If the parts he finds is used, I can check them out for you, they are only a few miles away.

Bill

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
Allen and Mitch,

Have you guys tried Classic Muscle in Winston Salem NC? Here is their # 1-800-722-4828 ask for Bill Neely he should be able to help you guys.
BTW I love that body style with the rubber nose. Mitch, I love the pics what tranny is going behind that BB?

If the parts he finds is used, I can check them out for you, they are only a few miles away.

Bill
Thanks for the info, Bill.

I have three choices right now. Rebuild my th350 to with stand the 489's torque, buy a truck th400 core from a friend and do the same or look into a 200r4.
A new 9" is the first order this spring, the tranny will follow as funds become avaliable :mad: .

1 - 8 of 8 Posts