Team Chevelle banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought the leftovers from Philip's wagon project a couple of years ago, and Philip has been storing it for me. Philip delivered the wagon this week and with the help of friends we were able to move it next to my workshop.

This project has been on my mind for more than a dozen years since I photoshopped the concept 2 door short wheelbase wagon. Current specs would be about 108 inch wheelbase with shorter rear overhang, using El Camino doors, door jams, load floor gas tank, and split-back bench seat.

I am looking forward to starting this project, but don't expect to make much progress in the near future, as I already have other projects taking my time.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
306 Posts
Not sure if you've seen this one, but I believe he used the 2 door sedan doors.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
306 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I made room for an El Camino door today. Went as I expected. Notice that the wagon is taller than the EC. That gap will be filled when the EC drip rail and door jam are installed. The wagon drip rail will be shaved.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Hi Bill,
I just can't stop thinking about this car and had to do something even though it is so hot right now.

Thank you, for helping move the car! I really appreciated everyone's help, including Tom's son, Daniel, who is behind the camera.
L to R, Tom, Bill, Philip, Bruce, and Thomas below.

Attachments

·
Administrator
16,196 Posts
Thomas and Daniel were hanging with the old guys that day....we really had them along to do the heavy lifting >:) But seriously it was a good day that will be remembered for a very long time.

·
Premium Member
2,946 Posts
Thomas and Daniel were hanging with the old guys that day....we really had them along to do the heavy lifting >:) But seriously it was a good day that will be remembered for a very long time.
You mean like how I was wrong on how long everything would take?

·
Premium Member
3,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
I should have mentioned that the gang not only moved my wagon that day, but we also helped Tom move his 57 Chevy pickup from storage to his home garage. That is where the photo was taken. Tom has owned this truck forever, and has made changes over the years including Camaro front suspension and Corvette rear suspension. It is really cool. Today is Tom Mobley's birthday. Happy Birthday, Tom!

Alwhite00, this is a challenge for sure. That rendering is the driving force.

Trimming the El Camino door opening to fit the wagon is the next step.

Attachments

·
Registered
8,290 Posts
I made room for an El Camino door today. Went as I expected. Notice that the wagon is taller than the EC. That gap will be filled when the EC drip rail and door jam are installed. The wagon drip rail will be shaved.
Could you use a hardtop windshield and chop the pillars down? You don't want the roof profile to look too "Heavy" just spitballing here.

·
Premium Member
3,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
I would have liked to chop the roof a little to use a hardtop/El Camino windshield and lower the profile. The A pillar would have been easy. The big effort would have been the rear with the rear window opening and the rear side windows. I am going to tack in this and see what it looks like before I make a final decision.

·
Premium Member
3,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I have another photoshopped image with a different view. I misplaced the original color version with a yellow wagon, but found this grayscale copy. Still a nice image.

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi wondering if someone can help with rear tailgate power window. I have the opposite problem than some guys on the forum. My dash switch works for the rear window but when I use the tailgate key I get nothing. Any help will be great. Thank you Peter

·
Premium Member
13,744 Posts
Remove whatever cover conceals the wiring and check if you have power to that switch. maybe it's time to replace that switch, good luck!!

·
Premium Member
3,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I will think about that and how that could be implemented. I don't want to make the roof higher in the back. I could lower the front of the roof an inch or so. Not sure an inch is worth the trouble. I don't think I would use the Vista Cruiser glass, just a step in the roof that would mimic the way a domed hood steps up.

·
Premium Member
8,927 Posts
Hey Bruce: I like the Red wagon in the photo shop stuff. I have one just like that one.....LOL..:laugh:
Bob

1 - 20 of 31 Posts