Team Chevelle banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering, why some 1972's have the seat belt warning system and others don't. My elky was built in Baltimore. It has one. I recently saw a 1972 Chevelle 4dr that didn't have one. Does anyone know the story here?

Thanks

------------------
Bryan Shook
Burgettstown, Pa.
1972 El Camino
www.geocities.com/motorcity/speedway/6673
Favorite Quote: Some people have shrinks. Some people have their garage.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Mine has one. Of course, it doesn't work anymore (not really a priority of mine), but at least it has it. It was built at the Arlington, TX plant. Maybe it has something to do with the actual production date and not so much where it was produced. I really don't know. I'll do a little diggin' and see what I come up with. Interesting topic, though!

------------------
Jeremy J. Bennett
Team Chevelle #298
www.chevelles.com/showroom/72CHEVELLE1.jpg

·
Registered
1 Posts
Dear Bryan,

I have a buzzer on my 4-door chevelle and it makes a lot of noise. Just thought I'd mention that your not alone.

Robert Nowlin, 1972 Chevelle Malibu owner

------------------

·
Registered
196 Posts
Not sure about mid year production but my 72 convert and a friends malibu both built in arlington Tx plant have them. Both of our cars never left tx we both live in the dallas area about 30 minutes from the plant.

Forgot to add that my car was built 11/71 my friends was 12/71. It could be the plant just not sure.

[This message has been edited by stevenb8 (edited 11-24-99).]

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys, my elky was built in March. It too has the loud buzzer that goes off if you don't have the seat belt on or if you open the door with the key in the ignition.

------------------
Bryan Shook
Burgettstown, Pa.
1972 El Camino
www.geocities.com/motorcity/speedway/6673
Favorite Quote: Some people have shrinks. Some people have their garage.

·
Registered
167 Posts
The buzzer plugs into a connector in the wiring harness. I can't even remember exactly where it was, because I pulled mine out the second day after I had my 72. I did keep it though, it's about 1.5 in X 2.5 in X .5 in thick and gray in color. Just go under the dash when it's buzzing, and it won't be that hard to find. Remove it if it annoys you, you can always put it back.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I made good use of that stupid seat belt warning light in a 72 I once owned. Instead of having a blinking LED for my alarm, I drove that seat belt warning light with a 2N2222 transistor. It was great, a blinking red light in the center of the dash and no holes drilled !

Best Wishes,

KeeBird

·
Registered
58 Posts
Hi
all my 72 elcamino ss
does not have the system it was built in van nuys califonia
body tag says september .last week of month 09D
Doc olds

·
Registered
249 Posts
My nov 71 built chevelle SS is 100% original has the seat belt warning dash.It has no other components such as seat belt retractor wiring or swiches under the seat. the light is in the dash and that is it.
My April built car has it all and works. very strange that GM would put the dash in but not make it work.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.