Team Chevelle banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone. This summer I will be installing the original motor back into my car. The engine has all of the original parts from the carb. down, minus the pulleys. I would like to get about 450-500 hp out of the motor on pump gas. Even though my car is an original numbers match car, I want the engine to have more power than it did from factory. I'm not sure if the engine will even need to be bored, but I want all the "main" factory engine parts used such as the carb, intake, heads, etc. Anything that can't be seen, such as cam, pistons, etc, can be aftermarket. If I go this route, is 450hp to 500 hp on pump gas possible? Thanks for all your help!

·
Premium Member
243 Posts
Hello , I dont know your answer but but if you call Bucks Engine parts in Anderson Sc Per Phone number, per Google.com. ( I don't have it available just now). Ask for Buck and he will talk your head off and tell you what you need to know and how to do it and with what changes and parts. It is all good stuff and TRUE. Jim B from Hartwell Ga

·
Premium Member
1,010 Posts
Any way you can tell us what happened? Did you call the guy? I too have a 402 and I am planning on doing a build-up in May and would like to know what he said. I hate to have everyone on the forum calling the poor guy and asking the same question:(

You can PM or e-mail me, that would be great also. I am looking for the same thing you are out of your motor.

Thanks
Tod :beers:

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey Tod-

I didn't get a chance to call him. I am going to be in Florida for 9 days and won't have any time. You can give him a call and see what he has to say and post it back here if you want. Otherwise, I'll do it in about 10 days.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts