Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part May's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Clue me in a little. I looked at a 1971 Chevelle SS 454/Turbo 400 with a bench seat and a column shift. It's in all original condition, no rust anywhere and it has the POP. A new cowl hood was put on and hasn't been painted, but besides that I can't see anything wrong with the car.

Is this a desireable car? Some old lady has it and she wants 8k for it. I really don't know much about chevelles and have no clue how much it's worth.

·
Registered
4,962 Posts
I'd have to see some detailed pictures. But IF, that is, IF the body is decent condition with minimal rust including the floor pans, if it's an authentic SS, if the car is intact with no missing items such as the A/C compressor or fan shroud, then $8K sounds reasonable.
I'd rather see some pictures, however, before firmly committing to that price.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There isn't minimal rust....I crawled under it and there isn't any rust under there(that I could see). It's super clean under the car. The paint isn't even hardly faded, it's not like it was just painted, but it looks very good. The A\C works and it drives straight and solid.

Let me ask this.....What is the top dollar that this car would be worth(on average) if it was restored? Not show condition, but very nice.

·
Premium Member
1,108 Posts
15,000 but as they say "they are only worth what you can get for them. I don't think it's a good market at this time.
If the car is as good as you say, you are getting a better than average deal. Hope you get it and have a great experience. Jon

·
Registered
543 Posts
yes it is a desirable car, especially if it is a real Arizona car. I would be suspicious of the "old lady" why would she put on an unpainted cowl hood? So check the numbers and see if it is the original 454 if so buy it. Bench is not as valuable as buckets they say (except I have fond memories of my bench seat Monte in high school, great for dates and cruising with girlfriends) oh yes, DRIVE the car and see how it feels

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.