Team Chevelle banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello guys, hoping you can help i have been looking for date codes on this web site and others but no luck yet . i had a friend of mine find me a frame the other day the owner said he had 2 chevelles one was being restored and the other one was parts car the body, engine, tranny long gone but he had a rolling chassis in excellent shape he sold it to me for 175 with 10 bolt rear end we took off every thing today and i wanted to confirm plant, etc so i have been searching all day for decoding web site could not find any thing so here goes i think this frame is off a 71 chevelle tell me what you think. frame: 6263667 than a S with circle around it 366 under that number is 8 121 cp rear end is h 5 1 gcc 225 1, thank you guys for helping on this un solved mystery frame:beers:

·
Premium Member
19,751 Posts
hello guys, hoping you can help i have been looking for date codes on this web site and others but no luck yet . i had a friend of mine find me a frame the other day the owner said he had 2 chevelles one was being restored and the other one was parts car the body, engine, tranny long gone but he had a rolling chassis in excellent shape he sold it to me for 175 with 10 bolt rear end we took off every thing today and i wanted to confirm plant, etc so i have been searching all day for decoding web site could not find any thing so here goes i think this frame is off a 71 chevelle tell me what you think. frame: 6263667 than a S with circle around it 366 under that number is 8 121 cp rear end is h 5 1 gcc 225 1, thank you guys for helping on this un solved mystery frame:beers:
6263667 is the part number but I don't find it in my parts catalog of 1971, not unusual though. S with the circle is the mfgs logo for A.O. Smith but can't help with the numbers as your wording, '...circle around it 366 under that number is...', isn't clear, where is the 366 in relation to the 8 121 cp?

H 5 1 on the rear doesn't ring a bell but the GCC is common for 70-72 2.73 ratio rears, 225 is the day of the year - Aug 13 for 70 and 71, Aug 12 for 1972 (leap year) and the last "1" is the shift number.

A photo would be best if possible. :yes:

·
Registered
13,007 Posts
H 5 1 on the rear doesn't ring a bell but the GCC is common for 70-72 2.73 ratio rears, 225 is the day of the year - Aug 13 for 70 and 71, Aug 12 for 1972 (leap year) and the last "1" is the shift number.

A photo would be best if possible. :yes:
Dale-
The H 5 1 is the casting date from the housing, August 5th, 1971. This would correlate well with the assembly date. The frame is probably a 1972 frame.
The 8 121 is probably the frame build date, August 12, 1971.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thank you guys i think you are both correct i went to where my 72 ss frame is and there is 2 numbers on top of frame behind driver side rear wheel that car is a arlington car have a great night and thank you again,mark

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.