Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
I would say they are worth what ever u ask for em to the right guy who needs them, I am not aware of a LS-6 ever produced in 1971?? There have been rumors that a few LS-6 early 71 Chevelles were snuck out of the factory in late 70 but no one has ever been able to prove it either way, u sure that they are not LS-5 heads, any way I saw a set of L89 heads which are aluminum 396 heads advertised in Hemmings stripped for $2000.00 by the time I called the guy they were gone, good luck ,L89SEDAN

[This message has been edited by L89SEDAN (edited 11-27-98).]

·
Premium Member
5,855 Posts
Corvettes could be ordered with the LS-6 option in 1971. They only made around 80 and the cars are worth big bucks today. The shortblock in my 68 Elky SS is a '71 Corvette LS-6. Are your heads complete or bare? What is the casting number on them? Finally, how much do you want for them? E-mail me privately if you prefer.

·
Premium Member
66 Posts
The LS6 heads for '71 are open chamber rectangle port and should carry casting number 6272990 or 14096188 if they are cast iron. They will have the words "HI PERF" cast in to them as well. The LS6 was available as a crate motor until the late '80s. You should check your local want adds to see what Hi Perf BB heads are going for. They are not too hard to find.
Have A Great Chevelle Day.
Mike

------------------

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The heads say HI PERF and the Numbers as follows 3994026 and yes they are open chamber and rectangular port cast iron and yes they made an LS6 in 1971 for an extra 3000.00 dollars or so if you really wanted them. I know this because when I ordered my 1971 SS ElCamino 454 that was my choice when it came to either the LS5 454 or the special order LS6. I know the heads are worth money and I was just trying to get an Ideal of their value. All help is appreciated.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The heads say HI PERF and the Numbers as follows 3994026 and yes they are open chamber and rectangular port cast iron and yes they made an LS6 in 1971 for an extra 3000.00 dollars or so if you really wanted them. I know this because when I ordered my 1971 SS ElCamino 454 that was my choice when it came to either the LS5 454 or the special order LS6. I know the heads are worth money and I was just trying to get an Ideal of their value. All help is appreciated.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
1 Posts
There were I think 2,000 LS6 in 71 have to check my book. But they did produce them because I know of one that has a build sheet and completely original. They are probably worth a couple thousand dollars.

------------------
Check my chevelle page out at http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/flats/5330

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.