Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part May's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm considering selling my car and wondering what I should ask. It's a numbers matching
Cranberry red, red bucket seat interior & console, th400, L34 in very good original condition. The intake & carb have been updated to a Holley 750DP and Edelbrock Performer RPM but the original quadrajet and iron intake come with the car. Also comes with Hooker Competition Plus headers and Pypes exhaust, (3" to the axle and 2 1/2" tailpipes), on the car now but the original exhaust manifolds also come with it. The original distributor has been converted to HEI by Ignitionman (Dave Ray). The original valve covers also come with the car but it has similar looking chrome tall covers on it now to allow for the Crane roller rockers. Cam is a Crane Power Max series solid lifter, (gives it a SWEET sounding idle). Engine was completely gone thru 15k miles ago by Beech Performance Machine in Columbus Ohio. Internals were upgraded to forged crank, GM 427HP rods and TRW flat top pistons, also Melling high volume oil pump and Clevite 77 bearings. Tranmission and rear end were rebuilt at same time as the engine, using a new Auburn posi with 3.55 Richmond gears, a B&M converter and the B&M Street/Strip shift kit. Radiator upgraded to the 4 row that would have come on an a/c car, along with an 18" electric auxiliary fan. Car has gone 12.55 in the quarter mile at 107.8mph, (with slicks and open headers). Paperwork includes the original window sticker, build sheet, dealer invoice, and warranty book with protecto-o-plate. Also comes with State Inspection receipts showing the VIN and mileage for the first 18 years to help validate the low mileage. I have owned it for 21 years but have the previous owners names and contact info also. Previous owner was a Team Chevelle guy, (Driver) in the late 90's and early 2000's. I've run dates codes on the wheels and they are original, and the dates on every piece of glass also date as original. Brake booster and wheels have recently been professionally restored. Paint was done by Corvettes and Classics in Columbus Ohio in 1999, (stripes are 100% correct). This is a clean, good looking driver that runs perfect. Car was pictured in Good Guys magazine in 2016. Picture shows it with Cragars but it currently has the original restored SS wheels and brand new BF Goodrich Radial T/A tires. Cragars can come with car if a buyer is interested in them.

Attachments

Reactions: MALIB8TR

·
Registered
102 Posts
Looks like a great car. I’d say 45 at a minimum. Maybe 55 to the right guy. I may be way off. Curious to hear other opinions.

·
Premium Member
12,456 Posts
I think you would be in the $59K - $69K. Car seems to have a lot of strong points such as good colors, lots of documentation. Only draw back I see is the auto transmission.

Reactions: 1967convert

·
Premium Member
1966 Chevelle SS396
78 Posts
Awesome car! I would say 50-55k easily.

·
Premium Member
1970 Chevelle SS454
1,656 Posts
Beautiful car that comes with the important original parts included. We are in a very strong market right now and '70 Chevelles are hot. With that kind of documentation, I would say depending on location and venue, $60k to $65k.

·
Premium Member
1970 Chevelle SS396
118 Posts
I really like the red over red interior. Check out some of the places like Volo and some dealers to see where they are at. Then check some of the auto beer mags like Hemmings. And don't forget checking out the cars on www.carsonline.com That should get you some good answers to price.

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Let ride on Ebay with a 49k cork . Could go way up . Nice car !

1 - 8 of 8 Posts