Chevelles.com banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've owned 3, 1970 SS cars. 2 had the SS emblem on the door panels, one had malibu. I've read both are correct due to a shortage of the SS emblems. I am certain all of these were real SS cars. I figured this might have been covered before, but didn't see it in the archives. Anyone have a written source that verifies that Malibu emblems on an SS car's door panels are correct?

·
Registered
233 Posts
Some people say that LS6 cars had these malibu emblems on the door panels.I totally disagree.I have an LS6 with SS door panel emblems and I spoke to many others that had the SS on there LS6 cars.Th Chevelle Report april 94 states that many,but ot all,LS6 cars had the malibu door panel emblems.B22 is the option code on the build sheet for SS door panel emblems.Most,including my own,don't even have B22 on there build sheet even though SS emblems are on the door panels.There is no reason why.Maybe some plants programmed B22 into the computer and others (like Baltimore)did not?Who knows?

------------------
Dean Ciampi(Spring Hill,FL)
Autumn Gold 1970 LS6 Chevelle
Team Chevelle Gold #52 Aces #3094

·
Registered
287 Posts
I had an LS6 Super Sport that I bought in 1971 and it had Malibu emblems on the door panel (bench seat). I bought a documented LS6 car this year, bench seat too, and it also has Malibu emlems on the door. It's a Kansas City car. I don't know why some had SS and others were Malibu.

Steve
Illinois

·
Premium Member
1,449 Posts
The only written source that's been mentioned here is the Year One catalog, which quotes muscle car restorer Gilbert Propes as stating that either emblems are correct for 70-72 SS Chevelles. My belief is that some 69 SS cars came thru with the Malibu emblems as well.

------------------
Rainer Seitz
Vancouver, WA
Team Chevelle Gold #50

'68 SS396 (soon to be for sale!)
'70 LS3 400 Malibu
'70 Malibu convertible 350/300hp
[email protected]

·
Registered
16 Posts
some ss models used malibu door emblems simply because of a sortage of ss emblems.
the b22 option is not a confirmed option.
your car is fine.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I ALSO FOUND DOCUMENTATION IN A CHEVELLE BOOK I HAVE IT DOES STATE THAT BOTH SS AND MALIBU EMBLEMS ARE CORRECT THEY DID NOT GIVE A REASON WHY BUT STATED THAT BOTH WERE CORRECT ON AN SS CAR WETHER AN LS6 OR ANY OTHER TYPE SS THEY BOTH TYPES WERE USED PROBABLY CAUSE THE SS WAS BUILT FROM A MALIBU IT DOES HAVE ALL THE OPTIONS OF A MALIBU AND ITS OWN SS ADD ONS LOVE THEM SS,ES

------------------
Ken Dennison

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.