Team Chevelle banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,645 Posts
I have a SS 454- 70 LS-5 - M-22 one owner. The A/C has a repo expansion valve, And is missing the bracket that holds the low side line to the right front fender, My 70 has -70 A/C brackets NOT 71-72 brackets.
My 70 SS has a 70 SS master Cly. with bleeders. That 70 has NO bleeders. The Alt. Bracket, Mine has three holes it it and a round hole like most 70s this one does not. 70s had a double thick flat washer on the adjusting bolt so you do NOT bend the adjusting slot, LOOK at the adjusting slot it is bent.
The Rad. hold down top plate should have a welded tab on the right side. Look close at the bottom of the core support on the drivers side, It should have a welded tab on the bottom of the core support near the petcock . 70 B.B. A/C cars had the VO-1 cooling system ( 4 core Rad. and 4 core Rad. Support ) H.D. core support & eaton clutch & 3947772 fan blade. Along with a K85 61 Amp. Alt. ALL 70 B.B. SS cars with A/C had Chrome wire holders with the ends dipped in rubber to hold the plug wires. # 1 & 3 plug wires go into these holders and are routed UNDER the A/C compressor, Non SS Chevelles with A/C had the same wire holders for plug wires with the same routing BUT the were not chrome they were painted orange.
Yes I see some things that are not correct, The way the fuel line to the carb is bent, I dont think it has a 7040204 Q-Jet. I believe it should have a low rise cast iron intake, Not sure but I think non A/C cars 396s had a 3 core Rad, Again not sure. I built a homemade SS 454 Sta. Wgn. Mine is a FRAUD and I have papers to prove it !
Note: most of my comments are comparing it to my Org. LS-5 with A/C. and a M-22. Could I be wrong, Why of course. Some items are DEAD WRONG and some are questionable.
Bob:thumbsup:

·
Banned
14,069 Posts
Bob,I've been keeping my eye on this car.The things you are pointing out are easily corrected,right? It looks like a decent car to me,but what do I know.Where is that town at in Pa.?

PS.,shouldn't you be at the Stiller game?:D

·
Premium Member
1,126 Posts
It is in Skippack, near Collegeville, PA. about 5-8 miles NW of King-of-Prussia, Valley Forge area.
I live nearby and could visit if someone has a reason for me to go.

·
Premium Member
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am very interested in the car and would take you up on that offer, but what do you think that this car is worth based on the pictures and description?

·
Registered
13,006 Posts
Looks like a nice car, but I can guarantee you that the color is not correct for Astro Blue. Looks more like Mike's Lemans Blue L78 car....

·
Premium Member
2,181 Posts
This car was built in Kansas City. Has anyone else noticed the cowl tag may be missing something?

·
Premium Member
2,181 Posts
This car was built in Kansas City. Has anyone else noticed the cowl tag may be missing something?
I guess it may not matter if $35K is a good price for what might be a clone SS.

·
Premium Member
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Since he does not have any documentation, assume that it is a clone. What is the value of a good clean clone? Is 25-35k the number or was that assuming it is a true SS?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts