Team Chevelle banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1970 Black Cherry LS5 / M22 Convertible and 1970 Cranberry Red L34 / TH400 Convertible
275 Posts
The Hollander Interchange manual States...67-72 Chevelle and El Camino will interchange and Chevy passenger cars will interchange between 65-70 year models...it states that all spring combination will have various tension available. I would assume that Station wagons will have the higher tension springs due to the weight of the body. It also states that most manufactures stamp their springs with part numbers or codes but, GM marks their springs with a particular paint color to code/identify their springs.

Mike

·
Premium Member
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thx Mike. I'll look for paint markings. I have a set that is a bit thicker coil than a stock spring, and is about 2" taller when standing on the shop floor. Also has an extra coil. Something tells me it came from an Elco I had years ago but has been in my parts shed for a while. I'd like to try them on my coupe to see what the stance looks like but am hoping to figure out what they are really for before I do a test install. I suspect they will raise the rear a bit to give a car a bit of "Day 2" stance. I doubt that they will raise the rear 2 inches (and that would be too much) but the only way to be sure is to give it a test.

·
Registered
1970 Black Cherry LS5 / M22 Convertible and 1970 Cranberry Red L34 / TH400 Convertible
275 Posts
The manual provides the coil diameter and the short and long end measurements along with the size of the eye (pig tail).
  • 67-72 Chevelle and El Camino: 2-1/4" diameter with 24"x 32" short and long end measurements.
  • 65-70 passenger cars: 3" diameter with 27" x 27" short and long end measurements and 1-3/8" eye (pig tail)

Mike

1 - 5 of 5 Posts