Chevelles.com banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my 1970 chevelle door panel trim is peeling off, is there a replacement or is there something to reattach this?
thanks

·
Premium Member
9,801 Posts
Entire new door apnels are available from the resto parts shops, such as Ground Up. If you are concerned about the detachment of presently good panels on your car, that is little different story. The panels tend to be retained by push in clips and plastic sockets in the door (for the upper 80% of the panel) ; the lower portion is retained by about 6 screws that are positioned about a horizontal line about 4 inches from the bottom edge of the panel. If you are referring to the bright "chrome" type of trime on the panel, then that is not unusual and maybe someone has a fix for that. If you can provide more detail ,maybe we can get more specific information to you to fix your panels.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes im reffering to the shiny trim (*note that it is not an actual metal chrome in 1970, it is a shiny plastic sort of trim). Is there any place that has a replacement?
thank you for your help

[This message has been edited by nicoletti (edited 03-28-2001).]

·
Premium Member
1,449 Posts
It sounds like you are referring to the 3/16" wide upper or the 1/2" wide lower Mylar-covered plastic strips on the door panel. There really isn't any good fix for this other than to get new door panels.

------------------
Rainer Seitz
Vancouver, WA
Team Chevelle Gold #50
ACES #3784

'68 SS396
'70 LS3 400 Malibu
'70 Malibu convertible 350/300hp
and the latest - '70 Malibu 454!

See them all at the all-new Rainer's Hot Rod Shop!
[email protected]

I need a 70-71 SS dash housing for the 70 ragtop - got any leads?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yes that is what im referring to and its a shame that i havent been able to find a place which remakes these. The panels are in great shape and original, its just that some of the trim came off the other day. Its a shame
thanks for your help

·
Registered
100 Posts
If you have a "Year-One" catalog, look in the interior section. I believe I've seen rolled strips and adhesive to attach it in their cattalog. I've never tried it myself, but may be the solution your after. Steve

·
Registered
244 Posts
Do a search of this section for a company named "Bare-Metal Foil" or check out their web page. They sell a chrome tape for model cars that I've heard a few qood comments about. I'm gonna try it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts