Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JULY's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was told there is an early style 70 cowl induction hoods. I have a new nos one I'm selling and would like to know if it's the early style if there is actually 2 different styles

Attachments

·
Premium Member
8,939 Posts
I know nothing about cowl ind. hoods. I do know. The Factory DOMED HOOD in 1970 ( Standard Issue SS Hood, NON Cowl ind.). There were two styles of the Domed hood in 70.
My one owner (ordered in Feb. of 70) ) has the early model domed hood. How did I find this out? At the MCACN show in Chicago I was parked in the Org. owners section next to a Black 70-LS-6. (( Help me)) his name was Dennis ???
His factory DOMED HOOD had the large front Triangles, With insulation.
My factory Domed HOOD had the SMALL triangles with insulation.
It was a funny " FIND ". Now when I see a 70 domed hood, I look at the triangles in the front of the hood. Helps date code the car & Hood.
My LS-5/ M-22 is a March built, Balt. SS. I agree about Cowl Ind. hoods.
They may have had a mid year design change. The cowl hood guys will have to jump in here.
Bob
P.S. looking at the hood in the picture. The front triangles have the look & shape of the 2nd. design 1970 domed hood. Need someone from the " HOOD " to get " Cowl Ind. " answers !

·
Registered
13,036 Posts
In 32 years I've never seen an NOS early hood.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts