Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part August's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1970 Chevelle LQ9/T56
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys,

I’m trying to track down replacement metal for a rusted out piece in the trunk of my 70 coupe. I’m really not sure what it’s called and I haven’t found anything that looks like it while browsing through replacement parts. It’s beyond the trunk hinge support, and it’s on top of the wheel well and connects that to maybe the rear package tray? I’ve come across parts listed as package tray side supports, but the pictures don’t seem like they’re what I’m trying to replace.

I’ve attached a photo of it, so if anyone can help me out with what the part is called and where to get a replacement, I’d be very appreciative!
Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle Tread Tire

·
Registered
1970 Chevelle LQ9/T56
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Humberd.
I think the package tray supports are before this piece in the trunk and mount under the trunk hinge assembly.

As for the shelf extension, those are what I’ve been seeing, but the thing that gives me pause about them being the correct piece is that my car has a big rectangular hole stamped out and none of these extensions have that hole. Not that I need it or anything, but the lack of the hole makes me think it’s not the same part. Or do all these replacements just not have the hole stamped out because it’s unnecessary?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts