Team Chevelle banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, I have this set of gauges from my '70 SS, originally an LS5 car. I replaced these with a set of Dakota Digitals. I'm wondering what the fair market values is for these. The PCB is ripped in a couple of places & hence the amps & clock did not work when these were removed. All of the others did (speedo, tach, temp, fuel & oil pressure lamp) The gauge lamp bulbs did not work either. There's no rust & they're very clean.

The only sets I can find for sale that are original & not repop's are these & they're pretty pricey.

1970 Chevelle SS Tach And Gauge Cluster OEM | eBay

1970 El Camino / Monte Carlo / Chevelle Dash Gauge Cluster 5500 Redline | eBay

1971 1972 Chevelle SS Tach Gauge Instrument Cluster Speedo Monte CARLO EL CAMINO | eBay

Are gauges of this vintage & condition really worth these amounts & if not, what are they worth? Thanks in advance.
Speedometer Gauge Tachometer Vehicle Measuring instrument
Speedometer Gauge Vehicle Tachometer Measuring instrument
Speedometer Gauge Motor vehicle Vehicle Measuring instrument
Speedometer Gauge Motor vehicle Steering part Measuring instrument
Speedometer Gauge Motor vehicle Automotive design Measuring instrument
Bicycle part Motor vehicle Wood Electric blue Electronic instrument
Green Wood Hardwood Electric blue Wood stain
Circuit component Electronic engineering Electrical wiring Hardware programmer Computer hardware
Green Azure Bicycle part Wood Tool
Blue Wood Rectangle Automotive exterior Font

·
Premium Member
248 Posts
This tach is a reproduction . Also looks like the gauges are white , not green . White would be correct for 71-72 , not 70 . No idea on value .

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just so I can get educated on the subject, how do you know the tach & only the tach is a reproduction? These gauges were in the car for at least the last 25 yrs, if they were ever out of the car & changed at all. Also, the lettering appears a light green to me on the tach & speedo, but the clock looks white. Its pretty clear to see the difference in the closeups. Either way, thanks for the input.

·
Premium Member
248 Posts
You can look in the ads you posted . An original tach ( and the newest reproductions ) has 3 screws close to the center . The first design reproduction had the 2 rivets farther out from the center like yours does . Speedo , I think , is original . would have to put a repop beside it for me to tell . The mileage numerals on the repops are '' more skinny '' than the original , at least that's how I tell the difference , there may be other differences as well .

·
Registered
0 Posts
I have a 70 that i have been trying to complete forever. I am now retired and trying to get to the finish line. I don't know how to value your merchandise but would love to have these parts for my car. If you still have them and have decided what you want for them, email me at [email protected] Thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts