Chevelles.com banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gents, I need a new underdash harness for a 70 Chevelle 454 with round gauges. My car is an automatic and will eventually have the A/C put back with a vintage air or similar set up. What is the best way to go for the under dash harness. My engine harness and front lighting harness are new. As is my circuit board for the gauges. I am wondering if I need an M and H harness, Painless harness or some other. I would appreciate help from anyone that has done this. I am in the Navy and about to go on a 6 month deployment. My dad is going to "Watch my Chevelle" for me as he puts it...he said him and his friend will take care of the wiring harness for me if I get it ordered. Also, is there any special tools/tips that I may need to pass on to them, thanks for the help. Mike

·
Premium Member
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey thanks for the reccomendation, I think I am going to go with M and H....plug and play sounds a lot better with electrical stuff for me....even though I am not doing this one ;) ....my Dad and his friend are actually pretty good with them so they should have some fun. The reason I asked is that painless makes their stuff look so well planned out it's hard not to go with them. I am on a guided missile frigate (FFG). A carrier would be a lot nicer in rough weather than a FFG. Well, thanks for the help and talk to you soon, Mike

·
Registered
4,403 Posts
M&H
great people ..better product!!& they helpfull got good teck line for sorting out any questions that come up .. you'll be glade you went with their harness's it really is plug & play .. everything matchs the orginal ends ect ect ect .. can even get them customized for HEI if so desired ..

·
Premium Member
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys, you are making this one easy, just ordered from them and I can't wait to get it. I am home on leave now so payed extra for fast shipment ---just so I can see it before I leave. Thanks!!! Mike

·
Premium Member
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Guys, just got my under dash harness from M&H and it is awesome. Also,they seem to be really helpful with any questions that I have which is good to know. Later, Mike

·
Registered
131 Posts
Huevo...you got very good advice from the folks here! M&H are fantastic vendors. On a car I did a couple years ago, I thought I'd save a hundred bucks and use a painless kit. So I bought it, and tucked it away for when I was ready. Well, 6 months later, it was too late to return it, and when I looked at it, and what it would have entailed, I sold it at a loss, and went with an M&H. So, from my perspective, you made the right call.

Oh, and last but not least, thank you for your service to our country...

·
Premium Member
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
70Bob, Hey thanks for the reassurance! My dad and I pulled out the wiring harness last night and he wait straight for the factory assembly manual. He seems pretty excited about working on it, I just wish I could be here to do it with him. My brother just turned 16 and they are teasing me that he will get to take his drivers test in the chevelle. Well, thats enough for now. BTW, you are welcome!

·
Registered
7,762 Posts
Leave your dad your password in case he gets stuck. There's a few guys here that may be able to help.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts