Team Chevelle banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi!
Question: Rebuilding my dash in a 70 Chevelle have a new after market tach. It has a circuit board and I am not sure in hooking it up. I don't want to fry my new tach. Anyone have any input, if so please post the info. Thanks wayne

·
Registered
485 Posts
Hi Wayne

As Steven mentioned you may have better luck posting this elsewhere, but I'll try to help.

It's been a couple of years since I did my rebuild, but if I remember correctly, you are going to have to remove the old PCB by removing all the bulbs and nuts/screws. There are number of screws that hold the PCB to the dash housing, and then of course the nuts that attach the PCB to the amp, fuel and temp gauges.

I just realized that you arent necessarily replacing the PCB, so you'd probably be okay if you just removed enough bulbs/screws/nuts (on amp gauge) to allow the PCB to just "flop" out of the way. You should be ok doing this as long as you dont fold the PCB and cause it to crease.

I had to replace the tach in my 70 and just unhooked the amp gauge, removed bulbs, screws (3-4), and slid the tach into the opening. It's a pretty easy swap. Just be sure that you disconnect the battery or you run the risk of shorting out the PCB and frying it!! Ask me how I know:)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts