Chevelles.com banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trying to decide what cam to use chevelle has a stock 350 hp 402 3.31 gears turbo 400 trans with headers.The two cams I am trying to decide on is the lanuti 10110702lk or comp cam k11-238-3 .I di hear the comp cam in video and sounds very good but can't compare sound to it on the lunati can find big block chevy video. I would like to have the lope the of comp cam .

·
Registered
271 Posts
This post probably should be in the tech section, but welcome to TC. I've never had any experience with Lunati cams, and have no experience with the particular Comp Cams cam you mention, but I have had experience with Comp Cams in general and can tell you I never had any problems with them. An excellent cam IMO. Just my .02.

·
Premium Member
8,046 Posts
Have a look at Clay Smith Cams. they have a cam that is designed to work with your stock heads and compression , (you always pick a cam to match your head flow )
I have installed at least 3 in stock 396/454 chevelles they are excellent street cams great bottom end

·
Vendor
9,138 Posts
Trying to decide what cam to use chevelle has a stock 350 hp 402 3.31 gears turbo 400 trans with headers.The two cams I am trying to decide on is the lanuti 10110702lk or comp cam k11-238-3 .I di hear the comp cam in video and sounds very good but can't compare sound to it on the lunati can find big block chevy video. I would like to have the lope the of comp cam .
If we can be of help, let me know. Here is my BBC288-300-9 in a stock headed 396/350 HP build. All stock with just upgrade to hyd roller.

Welcome to Chevelles....

Attachments

·
Registered
3,039 Posts
Stay away from Lanuti.. They have been going flat left and right.. If its a street car don't get a lumpy idling cam. I see people make the mistake of too much duration all the time..

·
Vendor
9,138 Posts
Stay away from Lanuti.. They have been going flat left and right.. If its a street car don't get a lumpy idling cam. I see people make the mistake of too much duration all the time..
Comp has owned Lunati now for about 10 years. Comp owns Crane, Lunati, Cam Dynamics, General Kinetics, Wolvorine, and Blue Racer. The private equity group that owned Edelbrock bought the Comp group less Driven and Racequip.

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
That comp cam would be good, but there are better choices. If you are going to do a flat tappet, use howards direct lube lifters, 91116.

·
Registered
3,039 Posts
Comp has owned Lunati now for about 10 years. Comp owns Crane, Lunati, Cam Dynamics, General Kinetics, Wolvorine, and Blue Racer. The private equity group that owned Edelbrock bought the Comp group less Driven and Racequip.
What about Crower? I've been using them for years now...

·
Registered
73 Posts
Whatever brand you decide, go Hydraulic Roller(HR).
Sound doesn't always equal performance.
Do it right the first time even though it will cost a few $ more.

·
Registered
11,952 Posts
Crower is good....op call Chris his stuff is proven to work...dont ever buy a cam cause of how it sounds.
You only got a 3.31 gear so cant go big. Personally I wouldnt buy Comp or any name it owns unless you love changing cams.

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
Go with Chris or someone that knows the core quality and what lifters work. If you are going for sound only your engine will likely suffer. I would go for a balanced package not caring about the sound. Do not idle an engine down to get more cam sound. The reduced oil flow to the cam and lifters could cause issues.

·
Registered
208 Posts
If we can be of help, let me know. Here is my BBC288-300-9 in a stock headed 396/350 HP build. All stock with just upgrade to hyd roller.

Welcome to Chevelles....

Starting from stock, what would it cost to copy this?

Terry

·
Registered
211 Posts

Welcome to Chevelles....
I and many others would like to hear how you took a 10 1/4 to 1 oval port cast steel intake 396 to what looks like 475 to 500 horsepower range with simply a cam change. I figure headers were involved. I know that is getting close enough to my ported head ported strip dominator intake high compression big sold cam 30 427 that many here still think were did very good with around 575 horsepower. Yet I know the man will not reply to my question. A stock 10 1/4 to 1 396 350 horsepower gaining over 100 with a cam change only.

RH

·
Vendor
9,138 Posts
1 - 20 of 22 Posts