Chevelles.com banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just changed over to a one wire alternator, and bought a front lamp harness from M&H. I just hooked every thing up and I have no power to dash or anything else. I pulled my harness off in the engine compartment and found that( Looking from front of car) the top two right side wires are the only ones that have power. I checked all my fuses and do not have any power there either. I did not hook up my external regulator or horn relay. I am begining to think this has something do do with my problem. At the alternator I just hooked up the big wire the one that charges the battery. I left the other two loose. What did I do wrong? and how do I fix it. :confused:
Thanks Fred

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What do you mean by terminal on the core support?
Ther are three wires going to the horn relay Red, Black, and pink ....I think... There is another that is black that says fuseable link.It also turns red after the link. Where does it go.
Just to let you know when I bought the car it had no front lamp harness, That is why I don't know where these wires go.What does the horn relay do. I am not going to have any horns on the chevelle.
Thanks Fred

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
There is a Battery wire that runs to a lug on the core support, which then runs across (under) the lip of the core support to the horn relay and I think that one is fuseable to the external voltage regulator.
I belive this wire provides battery voltage to the regulator, which get ...well regulated, to the 12v (closer to 14 v) the rest of the car needs.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts