Chevelles.com banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
tdc installed with rotor pointing at number 1 and correct firing order producing no spark. wire is attacched from bat side of cap to fuse block prong labeled bat. i tested it and it shoed switched 12 volt. maybe it isn't 12 i dunno. gonna try a switch directly from hot side of battery any help would be greatly appreciated. this is my bros daily driver and now that it is down the wife's car is getting abused :confused:

·
Registered
7,762 Posts
Wire should go to the fuseblock IGN terminal not the fuseblock BAT terminal. Check to see if there is 12 volts on the wire.
It sounds like you are installing the HEI. Did this come from a running car?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah i'm upgrading it for my big bro. he used to have the drop in pointless ignition. said he wanted the whole enchilada and i stressed all weekend with no spark at all. i am at work now. ah the benefits of working at a dodge dealer with the internet.

·
Registered
443 Posts
If you hooked it to the "Bat" terminal it should run...you just wouldn't be able to shut it off(I made that mistake myself). Which brings us back to, did this HEI come from a running car? If it did...dude, from what I'm reading, it should be running. If you don't know if the HEI works... Is the built in coil good? The ignition module? Are the internal wires that connect these pieces good?

SKIP

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i tried 2 different modules i other cap and i did gap the plugs and changed the wire boots. gonna try a switched hot straight from battery

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah it was off of a 1989-90 blazer. my coworker owned it since new and upgraged to mallory or msd a year or so after he bought it. so i know it runs it was very clean been in a box in his house for ten or so years

·
Registered
7,762 Posts
I haven't heard of anyone trying to install a HEI from a computer controlled vehicle before. How are you planning to get the vacuum to work?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts