Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a preferred company to purchase lower fender patch panels from.
My fenders fit well and want to repair original Gm panels.
thank you
Chris

·
Registered
3,133 Posts
If I remember correctly I got patch panels for a 67 made by Sherman. They are pretty heavy gauge metal

·
Premium Member
573 Posts
I go to a local steel supplier and buy 4x8 sheets of the gauge steel I need and cut the panels or sizes I need from that. They will also sell you "Drops" from scrap steel they have cut for a bargain price. And its American steel.

Mike

·
Registered
8,469 Posts
I go to a local steel supplier and buy 4x8 sheets of the gauge steel I need and cut the panels or sizes I need from that. They will also sell you "Drops" from scrap steel they have cut for a bargain price. And its American steel.

Mike
That's fine for small patches but if the whole bottom of the fender is shot its probably safe to say that most people are not set up to fabricate that at home.

·
Premium Member
646 Posts
To the OP, I just purchased a fender lower for my 70 from Summit a while back. I got the AMD Lower. Nice heavy gauge metal. Contours aren't as crisp as they should be, but a little massaging got it to fit properly. I'd say do what I did, and get the AMD lower from Summit. You cant go wrong.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts