Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JULY's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,829 Posts
Why do you say that it is a SS wheel? That was an optional wheel on all models, not just SS optioned cars. So what you are saying is that it is an original GM wheel that shows no sign of wear? This wheel is black, correct?

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
because wheel part is black and not body colored like Malibu. I'm not positive if that is true or not. if someone would like to chime in that may know more about this it would be appreciated.

·
Premium Member
6,829 Posts
The difference is that one is a reproduction. As far as what it is worth, that is up to you as far as what you are willing to pay. I have seen them on ebay for $1,500 to $2,500 for NOS in the GM box. Do I think they are worth that. No, I do not.

·
Registered
10,465 Posts
The difference is that one is a reproduction. As far as what it is worth, that is up to you as far as what you are willing to pay. I have seen them on ebay for $1,500 to $2.500 for NOS in the GM box. Do I think they are worth that. No, I do not.
What are the visible differences between an original sort wheel and the reproduction? Is it easy to spot the repro?

Steve R

·
Premium Member
6,829 Posts
On all the reproduction wheels that I have seen, the grain was a dead give away. Also they are not a quality stainless steel as GM used for the spokes. Some of the reproductions even seem to have aluminum spokes.

·
Premium Member
6,829 Posts
The prices that I gave for a NOS wheels was for just the wheel itself, not including the hub, the horn contact, the horn cap or the mounting hardware for these pieces.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts