Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part August's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a heat shield from NPD for the starter. I can't seem to find a reference in the assembly manual for the 454 mounting. I know it is supposed to go between the solenoid and the manifold. Is this the proper placement? It seems the best fit but I don't remember what that unused terminal does. Thanks.
Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive design

·
Registered
1970 SS 396 25-C, 1966 SS R-R
1,022 Posts
I would not put it there. That is the I terminal, it has power when cranking . Turn it around and 180 degrees and see if it goes under one of the Phillips screws holding the solenoid to the nose housing. This is just a guess.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would not put it there. That is the I terminal, it has power when cranking . Turn it around and 180 degrees and see if it goes under one of the Phillips screws holding the solenoid to the nose housing. This is just a guess.
That seems to fit, and the clip might be supposed to hold the wires. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
Bill
1,950 Posts
Reactions: kalel14

·
Gold Founding Member
65,552 Posts
Looks like it goes on a solenoid through bolt to me.

·
Super Moderator
9,771 Posts
It's presently on the "R" terminal. Turn it around as noted above.

Reactions: LeoP and kalel14
1 - 6 of 6 Posts